DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How have M4P take off and land on your hand

InAz

Reactions
Does anyone have tips on how to have M4P take off & land on your hand? Saw a cple videos of the drone taking off from guy's hand but thouhht you need to use joysticks doing this. He seemed to have his other hand free. Maybe someone else in background operating the controls?

Reactions: 4006448
Perhaps he had a lanyard attached to the controller. I use one and often use the auto takeoff button to hand launch. With my Mini 2, I would use the sticks and once the propellers were spinning, I would give it a slight toss to launch it. With the Mini 4 Pro, it launches itself. At least, that is my experience!

Its tricky but you have to hold the controller to the side and manipulate with your thumb , this video shows it best.

Gear to fly in the Rain.
Phantomrain.org

Does anyone have tips on how to have M4P take off & land on your hand? Saw a cple videos of the drone taking off from guy's hand but thouhht you need to use joysticks doing this. He seemed to have his other hand free. Maybe someone else in background operating the controls?
Its very easy, fly it down to a height you are comfortable with reaching out. Grab if from the bottom and quickly flip it over, the motors will turn off

Its very easy, fly it down to a height you are comfortable with reaching out. Grab if from the bottom and quickly flip it over, the motors will turn off
I would for sure not flip it over ,you may get by with not cutting your fingers a few times.
And then your luck will eventually run out ,and its bandage time.

Reactions: mobilehomer
Here, the PROPER and SAFE way to hand launch and land. Notice, the front is facing AWAY from the face.

I would for sure not flip it over ,you may get by with not cutting your fingers a few times.
And then your luck will eventually run out ,and its bandage time.

I'm one of the biggest critics of routine hand-catching because of the risk, but I also assert there are circumstances where the risk is necessary.

That said, by far the biggest problem is the Landing Protection trying to avoid your hand underneath the drone. So, all sorts of tricks and techniques have been developed to counter this.

The M4P has solved this. You can turn it off!! So, when you're going to hand-catch, turn off the downward sensors, and you can precisely control the descent into your hand 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Last edited:
hand takeoff/landing is risky but sometimes needed.

I had to hand launch and land a few times while balancing myself and my waterproof gear bag from a kayak.

Now, being able to disable downward sensors its even easier.

Its something to practice before you need to use it, as those rotors could cut you up pretty good, especially if the drone freaks out and goes to 100% power mode.

Well, I saw the guy on utube have drone on & threw it in air for takeoff.

And I saw a Youtube video of a guy who dove off the roof of his house into a wading pool. Neither idea makes the first bit of sense.

For hand launching, just put the drone on the palm of one hand and move the left stick forward with the other hand. A lanyard for the controller makes it easier.

Reactions: Xi Zhou
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas