DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

how to prevent glare in photos

rjanumpally

Reactions
I took these photos not directly facing the sun. But how do I prevent the blurry glare effect. Is there a iso setting, shutter setting, contrast setting that will help. I shot these on auto. It does the blurry glare for video too. What about an ND filter? Polar pro? Which one? DJI_0132.JPG DJI_0134.JPG DJI_0136.JPG

Try automatic settings for now, as the variations in iso and shutter speeds will vary for every photo (or at least every location) you shoot. I have a feeling that you might have accidentally rotated the right wheel atop the remote, which boosted your exposure. Make sure that the EV value (on screen and on remote) is at zero.

Also, be sure to remove your gimbal cover if it's on.

Last edited:
You know that you can rotate the right side thumbwheel on the remote to change the exposure up or down when in flight -right?

Reactions: Chirp
Cool! There is also a glare shield that is 3 D printed that snaps in around the camera in place of the clear bubble. Looks like this
710x528_18481616_10860553_1492527382.jpg

Ive got one in black already printed . If you want it let me know. I will send it your way.

• Either correctly set the exposure/shutter speed for conditions or set to automatic, then adjust exposure with right wheel to fine-tune
• Get a lens hood
• For water shots try a polarizing filter (can be difficult to get the angle right)
• Make sure your lens is clean
• If not using a lens hood, don't fly with the gimbal cover on

Just to add keep the lens pointed straight down when into the sun, your best shots will always be with the sun behind you. try to position your photography with this in mind and with this Mavic you will see some amazing shots.

Nice shots.
I used to have the same problems. A polar pro polarized filter helps prevent glare over water. On such a bright day NDP 16 should work.
However check your exposure. Also the angle you are relevant to the sun is also a factor. Try to keep the sun behind you, or go higher and face the gimbal down more to allow less light into the lens.
Good luck.

Also in post you can adjust the contrast and brightness etc to make it look better.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zenbookwriting