DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Hyperlapse Sunset

scdronemedia

Reactions
Site
www.sc-drone-media.co.uk
This is my first attempt at Hyperlapse and it was a very windy day, but overall it looks quite good IMHO (more due to the sunset than my filming lol)

I wonder if it might be better to video the whole event and then slow it down in post. Would this give a more consistent result? I'd appreciate your thoughts, especially if you have experience of hyperlapses.

Groove! Music freaked me a little at first but it fit!!! Nice!!

Beautiful!
Sunsets, in hyperlapse, are a favorite of mine.. checkout this one:
You all know that I, too, am really psyched about getting one of those beautiful sunsets from Arizona! In Miami, I can only practice sunrises due to my geography. (I would have to drive to the other side -western-of the state otherwise). In my Mavic 2 Pro intelligent flight modes- hyperlapse program I set interval to 2 seconds, and duration to 5 second show, getting 125 exposures.I leave the drone in the air for at least one and maybe two more 125 shot segments for a total of 3 x 125=375 frames. I still get "wobble," even though it is not windy in the least. I have tried slowing it down in post, and using stabilization. All clips are saved to the SD card as RAW and processed in LR Lightroom 5. (I don't use the drone synthesized footage).

a true hyperlapse is moving the camera during a time-lapse...very cool, a bit tricky...

Still doesn’t change what you select on the drone controls. Point taken, but you have to use “DJI speak” to find it and set it up on the drone unless you plan constructing it in post.

Reactions: scdronemedia
But shot on an M2P you must select “hyperlapse” to access it in menus
Hey guys--at the risk of being a stickler, these are TIMELAPSES. Not HYPERLAPSES.
Actually, a timelapse sequence is when the camera does not move toward or away from the subject. It can still be a time-lapse of the camera is on a rail (motion timelapse). If the camera moves in any axis (right, left, forward, backward) it is them commonly called a hyperlapse. I have been doing and specializing in timelapses and hyperlapses with a DSLR and an Osmo Mobile gimbal for several years. They are both a sort of time-lapse, differentiated by the fact that the camera moves in relationship to the subject (with the exception of a motion timelapse where the camera is on a a moving platform).

Reactions: Thomas B
This is my first attempt at Hyperlapse and it was a very windy day, but overall it looks quite good IMHO (more due to the sunset than my filming lol)

I wonder if it might be better to video the whole event and then slow it down in post. Would this give a more consistent result? I'd appreciate your thoughts, especially if you have experience of hyperlapses.

I'm a sucker for hyper laps sunsets!

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
themass31