DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I Can't believe this has been law for 10 years

Yep. I always follow the rules. See attached video as proof
You have out-distanced my MPP by a bit (2M),.. great video and nice subject area. I would have really enjoyed full resolution at normal speed. I am however, concerned that you may have disturbed permanent citizens at the LZ. I am standing by to receive complaints.... hello, testing 123...

I reply to my own post here to clarify. I was coy in that I said that I see a problem in the language. I really thought it was obvious but only a few picked up on it. Paul from N. Ireland best expressed it. (and I have a new word in my arsenal...)

I can see the problem with the first sentence, it's complete b0llocks. Try reading it aloud. It uses English words but that's as far as it goes, it doesn't even make sense. if you substitute 'to use' instead of 'for' then at least it would read OK.

Only reply if you are fluent in English or any other language.

“It shall be unlawful...” for them to...?

Exist? Fly? Be displayed? Be possessed? Be discussed?

The next sentence says, “be used,” but even that is too vague. “Be used” as a display? As an advertisement?

“It shall be unlawful...” for them to...?

Exist? Fly? Be displayed? Be possessed? Be discussed?

The next sentence says, “be used,” but even that is too vague. “Be used” as a display? As an advertisement?
I am a FFL (licensed firearm manufacturer and dealer) and of course, a private gun owner. We’ve been dealing with these types of subjective “laws” forever. Just the nature of the bureaucratic beast.

I reply to my own post here to clarify. I was coy in that I said that I see a problem in the language. I really thought it was obvious but only a few picked up on it. Paul from N. Ireland best expressed it. (and I have a new word in my arsenal...)

Only reply if you are fluent in English or any other language.
The word you're referring to is frequently used in Northern Ireland as a relatively mild swear-word, but its also used (as in this case) to describe something that is just nonsense. It also happens to be one of my favourite words.

Reactions: Swanee
The word you're referring to is frequently used in Northern Ireland as a relatively mild swear-word, but its also used (as in this case) to describe something that is just nonsense. It also happens to be one of my favourite words.
Thanks, Not as common this side of the pond but I'll be making good use of it from now on. Some funny vids on Youtube when you search.

Here is the actual law as written in my city... there are no typos or words omitted. Read sentence number one carefully and tell me if you see a problem. I do. (Raymore, Missouri, USA).

SECTION 250.060: - MODEL AIRPLANES AND REMOTE CONTROL VEHICLES
It shall be unlawful for any model airplane or remote control vehicle in public parks, playing areas, public facilities or on other public properties. Model airplanes and remote control vehicles are permitted to be used in areas specifically designed for such recreational purpose and posted that such activity is permitted.

(Ord. No. 28066 §1, 7-28-08)
Its all about litigation, if they say you can use model aircraft when one hurts someone which they do, they get sued. If they say you cant and you do they cant get sued only you can! Its been law in the uk for many years, drones are not excluded as they are aircraft.

....not to mention they never fall out of the sky, they always return to home, never fly away, always avoid every obstacle and are basically flying itself :rolleyes:
Well I wouldn't say never, I've seen some pretty stupid people.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman