DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Indoor flight, seems easy....

I noticed that "prop guard" setting in the app, but kinda want more info on it, If it is optimized for the DJI cage style mine would be far less heavy I think so it may throw the app off. I have been flying with that option left alone without problem, would love to know what it does.

Last edited:
I noticed that "prop guard" setting in the app, but kinda want more info on it, If it is optimized for the SJI cage style mine would be far less heavy I think so it may throw the app off. I have been flying with that option left alone without problem, would love to know what it does.

Me too! I have the cages on order. I'm wondering if it optimized the system for close quarters flight. It might just set it up for the extra weight and different props.

Don't get too close to the ceiling because it can suck itself right to it. I am speaking from experience :).

If that happens can the drone break itself free or is physical help needed
?
When it happened to me, it didn't immediately come off the ceiling using the stick so I just reached up and grabbed it. Of course that made it rev up because the downward sensors detected my hand. It made for an exciting moment.

When it happened to me, it didn't immediately come off the ceiling using the stick so I just reached up and grabbed it. Of course that made it rev up because the downward sensors detected my hand. It made for an exciting moment.

I'm just glad you were able to survive flying indoors!

When you mount the prop guards don’t forget to turn on “prop guards mounted”, (or something like that). It’s under aircraft advanced settings I believe.

That is only for propeller cages, not the dji propeller guards.
In the main controller settings, then advanced settings in there, switch on propeller cage option.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark