DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Intelligent batteries ...

Tony911

Reactions
After the penultimate update, I found that one of my batteries lost the self-discharge, which had to happen after 10 days.
Having the batteries numbered, I remember that when I downloaded the update, I had mounted the No. 1, the No. 2 and 3 were not used.
I did not use the MP for about a month, when I was able to use it, I thought the batteries were flat, but it was not like that.
The n ° 2 and 3 had done their self-discharge cycle, instead the n ° 1 was full.
Initially I thought of a problem with the charger, with an incorrect programming in the section where you can change the discharge time, everything was normal.
Concerned not to be able to trust the battery, with precaution I make the flights, until it is unloaded, its duration was identical, everything is OK. Subsequently, after loading them use N ° 2 and 3.
The next day I recharge the batteries, programming the N ° 1 to 5 days the self-discharge, the N ° 2 and 3 to 10 days the self-discharge.
7 days have passed, when the latest update is released, I resume MP and batteries and I find the N ° 1 still charged, at this point I think the problem lies in the battery, however I do the update.
A doubt remains with the N ° 2 and 3, for them I have to wait another 4 days.
After the days, I'm curious to check.
Unfortunately, even they have not started the self-discharge, to date, another 5 days have passed and they are always beautiful full.
Does it happen to you too?
Where is the problem?
I specify that I have firmware and DJI GO4 app all updated and I use an iPhone +

You are pushing the button everyday to see status are you just by pushing button the restart countdown.

Thanks, it's proof that I already did, I think the problem is in the penultimate firmware released. In fact, with the N ° 1 I downloaded and installed the firmware, the N ° 2 and 3 were never installed in the MP and they are self-discharge.
When I used them in the MP, they too are not self-discharge anymore.

I'm still unclear on your answer to Rnl's question. Are you pushing the button on the battery to check the charge level? If so, that resets the countdown until they start discharging.

They were all 3 kept for about 30 days.
The test buttons and batteries were not touched.
Now, I did spend the days not touching the test button.
Tomorrow I try with a self-discharge in 1 day.
Sunday I update you with the proof.
Thank you

Today I checked the batteries I had previously loaded. I had set the self-discharge one day. Everything worked smoothly by draining the batteries. Next time I try to set the self-discharge at 5 and 10 days to check if the problem occurs again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM