DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Intelligent Flight Mode....could not set

coindex765

Reactions
So my first maiden flight was awesome. I took my kids down an old railway trail which was about 15-20ft wide and ran for miles. Awesome shots taken by hovering around 15ft up in the air. Wanted to try the follow me mode so I made sure I had good satellite connections (had 12 at the time), I put a box around me as the person to follow and the screen stated something about a/c needs to be 10m away or something like that about 10m. Sooo I could not get a lock for a follow me mode event, did not want to go to 10m distance height cause of the overhang of the tree branches which were sporadic throughout the trail. I did rise above the treeline and did a MANUAL follow me mode and a "lead mode" where I just flew it in front of me and walked. Had video settings set at 1080p 30fps in auto mode. Pictures and video turned out wonderful, couldn't complain. Even got a train movement in the background while I was up looking around above our heads.
So basically if anyone might know the reasons my follow me mode wouldn't connect or some pointers of that intelligent flight mode that would be great.
The end all was kinda scary. At takeoff I did "set home point" with my controller to the first setting and it stated home point set check map for verification.....I said ok great now lets switch it to "controller home point" which I thought was the other home point setting with the dude and home point arrow, so I pressed that.....mavic did its thing and then stated registered home point check map..bla bla bla. I said awesome now I should be able to walk and if we get 20min up the trail and bat gets low I can just land where I am sooooooo what happened??

well, the mavic pro ran low and the mavic went into return to home mode. Gave me a scare as it then went up to my registered height, I immediately brought my drone down to approx. 5ft above my head height and the drone started booting back to home where I took off like no tomorrow, that threw me off and put a rise in my heartbeat, (just thinking if that goes back to the home point where I took off its definitely going to hit some of those low flying little branches of trees....ahhhhh)

so I fought with the drone to back fly back to me while I descended to approx. 8ft off the ground. Got it back to me and then got my son to cancel the return to home feature while I was navigating it to stay where we were without it flying back "home". Then I lost video feed on my Samsung s8 when he cancelled the return.....weird, so I got him to restart the app while I continued to control the drone. All went well then I landed where we were.
Like I said, for my maiden flight it was an awesome and interesting flight with a little scare at the end lol.

Active track told you why it didn't engage, it simply won't if it's too low.

RTH to controller is one-time, not continuous. Need to keep resetting it regularly.

ahhhh that makes sense for the rth issue. Though with the follow me mode I have seen a lot of video's where the drone is only 10ft up in the air and the intelligent modes the pilots are using are engaging perfectly fine so when I was at my height(approx. 10ft height maybe even 20ft) unless it was still off a ft or so to properly lock.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piloter