DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ipad

B-dog

Reactions
So, I'm looking to get a dedicated tablet just for flying. I want something to keep in my Mavic case that's only used to connect to DJI and fly. Will this be a good choice? Seems like a good dealScreenshot_20190423-044709_Best%20Buy.jpeg

Reactions: bassnbeau
I recently purchased that same iPad and I have used it with my Mavic and it works awesome! Also I didn’t know but you can plug the white charging cable into the bottom of the controller and connect the iPad to it, no need to buy a new cable.

I had a iPad Mini4 and then upgraded to latest iPad 128Gb 2018 then down graded to iPhone 6 S+.
My reasons, * it's too big you need to get a holder for it. It's true that the mini4 you can just shoved it to the controller but for me....my hand position is kinda awkward when flying.* It's very tedious that every time you need to fly you need to take time to set up everything...just voicing my opinion. With the iPhone @ least to me, its a fast easy set up.

My phone works perfectly, Galaxy Note 9. I'm android when it comes to phones, but I find it frustrating every time I plug into the controller it draws from it to charge my phone. One of the main reasons I'm looking. Also just to have a dedicated device only for flying.
I had a iPad Mini4 and then upgraded to latest iPad 128Gb 2018 then down graded to iPhone 6 S+.
My reasons, * it's too big you need to get a holder for it. It's true that the mini4 you can just shoved it to the controller but for me....my hand position is kinda awkward when flying.* It's very tedious that every time you need to fly you need to take time to set up everything...just voicing my opinion. With the iPhone @ least to me, its a fast easy set up.

So, I'm looking to get a dedicated tablet just for flying. I want something to keep in my Mavic case that's only used to connect to DJI and fly. Will this be a good choice? Seems like a good dealView attachment 70349
I stopped using my S8 galaxy and purchased an iPad and it made a world of difference. Android gave me multiple errors with that phone to the point where the aircraft wouldn't connect with the controller at times. My iPad is 128gb with LTE. So pics and videos are stored on the iPad, live maps everywhere I go, not to mention the big screen. Both my mavic pro and mavic 2 pro work very well using the iPad.

Reactions: B-dog
iPad Mini 4 here also...but as Top Hat mentioned, it would work better with a holder. (looking into these though) Little rear heavy and will take some time to get used to it, but works very well for me so far. I'm just a casual flyer, so doesn't matter that much.

iPad Mini 4 here also...but as Top Hat mentioned, it would work better with a holder. (looking into these though) Little rear heavy and will take some time to get used to it, but works very well for me so far. I'm just a casual flyer, so doesn't matter that much.
Indeed! I use a skyreat holder, it folds up nicely and doesn't take much to get it up and going. It also balances well with the tablet. I'm very happy with my setup. I fly everyday the weather is nice (meaning not too windy or raining) so I need to be comfortable.

Reactions: Wilbur
I bet! Originally I was gonna get it. But...$$$$$ made the decision. Scraping, lolol. Just getting the fly more kit in mail tomorrow. When Im ready for dual flight best believe I'm on it. It looks dope!
Very convenient. Power up drone and controller, no wires [emoji6]

I bet! Originally I was gonna get it. But...$$$$$ made the decision. Scraping, lolol. Just getting the fly more kit in mail tomorrow. When Im ready for dual flight best believe I'm on it. It looks dope!

If Dual Controls are what you’re after, you can always pick up another Remote Controller from the Classifieds here for an average $200.
A lot of people sold theirs after buying the SC and probably now regret it. I’m glad I’m a hoarder and keep everything [emoji16]

I have used that ipad with my mavmount adapter, no problem at all.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_