DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is it okay to fly within 5 miles of an airport...

daisy-girl

Reactions
... when one will be flying no more than 10-20 feet off the ground in a wide-open area of the Philippines? Or will DJI GO 4 automatically force the aircraft to land even at this low altitude?

I live 2 miles from a Class D airport and have had no issues. It is recommended that you contact control tower.

I live 4 miles from a very busy US Air Force base and I have no problems. For sure, I stay at or below 400 ft. If my drone gets in the way of an F-35 that is flying under 400 ft., he already has waaaaay bigger problems happening than my Mavic in his way!

Trouble is, those low-level military training routes are not restricted airspace, so the drone (as well as general aviation aircraft) can be there too. While the military will generally see and avoid other aircraft, I don't know that they'd have the ability to see and avoid a small drone when flying 500 knots at 200 feet AGL. And surely the drone doesn't have the capability to get out of the way fast enough. This is an accident waiting to happen, and when it does drones will be restricted from MTRs.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samdesign