DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is the plus battery combo worth it for Mini 4?

Reactions
The specs say 34 minutes with the regular battery. I've been used to less than 15 minutes with my original Air. Doubling that seems like a luxury. I see that the plus batt would also be heavier...might be an issue if staying under 249g is important.

@Topo worth it ?, for pure extra flight time per battery maybe ,maybe not,the difference is going to be nowhere ,what dji claims ,it will take the drone over the sub 250g mark though not by much ,and it will mean that RID is activated at take off, its really a personal thing ,just DJI's way of giving the consumer more choice

Maybe worth the flight time. But for me, the regular flight batteries are fine. I find that if I have a flight in mind and go out with 3 fully charged batteries b/c I have the fly more combo, I will come back with one battery with only one light on, one battery with one on and one blinking and the third battery still has 2 lights on and one blinking. Keeps me legal with the weight, no registration required and no RID and does what I need done. Double what you are used to is enuf for me.

Maybe worth the flight time. But for me, the regular flight batteries are fine. I find that if I have a flight in mind and go out with 3 fully charged batteries b/c I have the fly more combo, I will come back with one battery with only one light on, one battery with one on and one blinking and the third battery still has 2 lights on and one blinking. Keeps me legal with the weight, no registration required and no RID and does what I need done. Double what you are used to is enuf for me.
Are you saying RID only transmits your info with the bigger batteries? Not with the 249 batteries?

Depends on what you want to do, and where you fly.

I have three regular and four plus batteries for my Mini 3 Pro (was supposed to be three and two, but the regular Fly-More kit I'd ordered was delayed and the shop got a Plus version in after I'd already bought the Plus batteries I'd wanted, so I ended up buying extra regular batteries singly). As the regular batteries let me fly in many more places than the plus batteries (Canada has different rules for sub-250g drones) I use them way more than the plus batteries.

I find plus batteries useful, especially for hyper lapses, but only when I'm off in the countryside. In the city I'm restricted to regular batteries.

I'm considering buying an extra regular battery and selling one or two of the plus batteries.

As mentioned above, the plus battery gives extra flight time (approx 10 minutes in my experience) AND increased wind stability due to the extra weight. Just keep in mind that using it takes to you to same flight category as it's big brothers, with all the same requirements that are required in your area.
Also be sure of which exact battery you are buying/using, only a mini4 pro standard battery is light enough to keep the mini4 pro under 250 grams, a mini3/mini3pro standard battery will still put the mini4 pro over 250 grams as they are different (heavier with slightly less capacity than a mini4 pro standard battery). And yes all 3 batteries are compatible with the mini3, mini3 pro, and mini4 pro.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d