DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is You Home Point Setting Ever Wrong?

Have you ever had a home point setting, set an incorrect location on the map?

• Never

• Once

• Several times

Results are only viewable after voting.

Grizzo

Reactions
We are always asked to check the home point setting on the map. Just wondering if it ever gets it wrong. What do you do if it does?

The idea is to check the home point to verify that it has been set before taking off.

Reactions: dewster
Once. The app disconnected so I hit RTH. The distance started increasing very quickly and I had to pause the aircraft until the app reconnected.

I could have lost the drone if the RC didn't have telemetry like the MA's.

Last edited:
Reactions: Huge Bama Fan
Use it a lot and have since I got my first P2V and have never had it wrong .
Now I always take it back when overhead but always been good to me .

The idea is to check the home point to verify that it has been set before taking off.

The voice tells you it’s been set. I thought it asks you to check to make sure it’s in the correct position.

Once. The app disconnected so I hit RTH. The distance started increasing very quickly and I had to pause the aircraft until the app reconnected.

I could have lost the drone if the RC didn't have telemetry like the MA's.

Ok so for some reason it got it wrong after the app disconnected during flight, but initially at take off was the home point set correctly?

Ok so for some reason it got it wrong after the app disconnected during flight, but initially at take off was the home point set correctly?

No. It did not get wrong because the app disconnected, it was probably already wrong at this moment. The app crashing has no reason to affect the home point.

I always make sure that there are enough satellites and get the confirmation from the voice before take off. So yes, the error happened mid-flight.

I’m wondering now because yesterday I had been running my battery down and the RTH activated, now before I’d been flying for approx 15 min, normal takeoff, with the “Home point set” etc however when RTH activated it was set to one home point prior not where I currently was!!! This happened twice with my Mavic Pro and once with my Phantom 4 Pro! So I’m leaning toward the go 4 app or this last FW upgrade!?!?

yesterday I had been running my battery down and the RTH activated, now before I’d been flying for approx 15 min, normal takeoff, with the “Home point set” etc however when RTH activated it was set to one home point prior not where I currently was!
If you don't mind sharing those TXT flight logs, please upload them here and post a link back here. I'd like to check them out.

That's the one part of the Go4 app that has always worked for me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElNancio