DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

It must just be me, Video argh.

This link is not correct. The video doesn’t show anything
Don't know what's wrong as it plays on my PC, link working in my post and in your reply (at least for me)
OOPS didn't see your post Brett, had another go now

Last edited:
Trying again :rolleyes:

It works now! I dunno man looks pretty good to me. It’s flat but that’s what you want going into post. I don't know if there's a PAL to NTSC thing adding to this but you do have some chop going on when you pan and there's two things causing this.

1) The pan is just too fast for the shutter speed and frame rate. this is a guide to understand how long it should take for an object to cross from one side of the screen to the other. At 4K 30 FPS 90 degree camera angle rule of thumb says it should take about 13 seconds for an object to cross the screen while panning. The Mavic is a 26mm equivalent BTW.

2) Shutter speed. Having a slower shutter speed will increase the amount of motion blur which is especially important in panning shots. Unlike in photography, the human brain expects that a moving object will have a certain amount of motion blur when moving. It doesn't look right without it. BY using an ND filter to slow down the shutter speed you find the motion looking better.

I downloaded your footage so I could edit it so I only had a highly compressed video to work with but it was easy to color grade and I added a little vignette. To combat the panning judder I used a little rolling shutter correction, a little motion stabilizer, and introduced some synthetic motion blur using pixel motion blur.

Thanks for the advice Brett, think I am starting to get the idea of the frame rate / shutter speed combo, not used to it at all, my other drone is more a set it and forget it, worst thing is the wind & rain are stopping me getting any practice but some filters are on the way for when the sun shows itself again.

The other small thing here is that showed you yawing pretty much 90 degrees into the sun by the looks, some lens flare etc.
You aren't shooting with the gimbal cover on are you ?

I always take some selected footage from shots into the sun, some can add a nice effect in small amounts, but in general I try and keep sun behind me, or shoot Golden and Blue hours of the day is even better.

Enjoy the Mavic, and hope to see some vids on the Photos and Videos forum form you sometime.

I was only playing around learning settings so wasn't bothered about lens flare or any real content but good advice thanks.

The bad effect I was trying to show doesn't appear after video was uploaded to You Tube.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topcomons