DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

#ji file name.

sir_ian

Reactions
Hello everyone,
so my issue (that i have searched for) is that for some reason while transferring my footage i managed to delete 3 files that i didn't transfer so i used some data recovery software to get the files back. how ever they are displayed

#ji_0876.MOV and NOT
DJI_0876.MOV

and with that being said it seems as if they cannot be opened.
or at least by any means that im aware of. i still have the smaller cached files from my phone that i was able to download.

but i was curious if anyone had any insight on this or any helpful hints.

rather it be trying to use a different data recovery for the files or just if its basic corruption. im not very attatched to this footage but still a very strange issue.

thanks everybody.

Bit of a change of topic but I see if you have it set to number consecutively, after 0999 files it starts again at zero!
I didn't particularly notice until importing clips they organised out of sequence.

Reactions: sir_ian
that's quite typical of recovered files for the name to change in some way

If you record in mp4 rather than mov they are easier to recover

There are quite alot of recovery programs, some are better than others for certain file types I would suggest trying a different program

that's quite typical of recovered files for the name to change in some way

If you record in mp4 rather than mov they are easier to recover

There are quite alot of recovery programs, some are better than others for certain file types I would suggest trying a different program

is that a known fact about MP4 VS MOV.

is there any quality difference between the 2. im not very well versed in that. and thank you very much for the input.

i will try and find a different program to recover with.

MPEG files you can play partial files so if not all of it is recovered or its partially corrupt it will still play the working parts of the file

mov & avi require the whole file to play although some not all recovery programs can recode the file so it'll still play but most recovery programs if it can't pull the whole file it'll just say "unable to play, file corrupted"

DVD uses MPEG 2, MPEG 4 is a newer more efficient compression

I don't tend to use mov so don't know much about it

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GMvK