DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just got the Manic Mini

Was going to advise not to fly outdoors with the prop guards on (they are really for indoor use), but having them on limits a range of things, so that might suit you if there is virtually no wind.
You should also be able to limit distance and height in settings ?

Otherwise, being experienced with the M1P, you should have no issues flying the Mini without prop guards outside, maybe just start out again in that big, flat, open area, a park or sports oval, take it out and up slowly over a few flights to gain confidence and feel for the drone.

Oh, and give yourself time to see if any uncommanded descents happen !
Don't fly over water for a while.
I don't think there is anything you can do if an uncommanded descent happens, except watch it come down !
Perhaps the right stick forward back might move it to a better place, but from what I've read I don't know for sure any sticks will allow it to be moved (like when RTH landing etc happens).
Thanks OZ and others. Took this little guy out today for the first time (no guards) and I love it! Let it hover at about 30ft for a while just to see how it behaves and YES, it was not happy with any kind of wind at all!. I was flying in about 5mph wind no gust. Flies beautiful. My Mavic Pro is going to be jealous. I did notice RTH is not very accurate. Landed 3 feet way from target and once about 9 feet (I aborted and landed manually) which I did not like. Tall grass and if I did not abort, would have been a mini lawn mower. I am going to re- calibrate IMU and Compass to se if that is the reason RTH is off.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Thanks OZ and others. Took this little guy out today for the first time (no guards) and I love it! Let it hover at about 30ft for a while just to see how it behaves and YES, it was not happy with any kind of wind at all!. I was flying in about 5mph wind no gust. Flies beautiful. My Mavic Pro is going to be jealous. I did notice RTH is not very accurate. Landed 3 feet way from target and once about 9 feet (I aborted and landed manually) which I did not like. Tall grass and if I did not abort, would have been a mini lawn mower. I am going to re- calibrate IMU and Compass to se if that is the reason RTH is off.

The mini is so small, I'd probably palm land more often (if I ever had a drone similar size).
I wonder if a plasterers 'hawk' would be workable / safer in light wind for landing off the ground ?

plasterers_hawk.jpg

Most are aluminium, no magnetic effect, could be carpeted for non slip.
Or make one from light timber.

Reactions: Akward59
The mini is so small, I'd probably palm land more often (if I ever had a drone similar size).
I wonder if a plasterers 'hawk' would be workable / safer in light wind for landing off the ground ?

View attachment 99492

Most are aluminium, no magnetic effect, could be carpeted for non slip.
Or make one from light timber.
The hawk is a great idea!

Good feedback thanks. I am also researching info on how the aircraft orientation indicator works (in the app) . I know it's a stupid question. I just cant figure it out.
Any links or training would be appreciated. Dont see much on youtube.
All I know is if I turn it tuns. I know it's an important instrument but how does it work.
Thanks.

Welcome to the forum! :)

I love my little drone, I recently lost my wife to cancer and was looking for something fun to do and this has really helped me get out and enjoy myself.
Sorry for you loss. You have to keep going though so I hope this MM is a help.

I'm a very new member myself...…………..there's a lot of learning to do!

I already own the Mavic Pro which I love.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

I already own the Mavic Pro which I love.

Despite many reports of crashes and bad experiences, Mini was my best bet financially . I took all precautions , updated software checked everything and had in indoor flight.
I love it !. It hovers indoors solid and responds to commands perfectly. I do have prop guards on and adjusted settings for the extra payload. I can see its so light wind is a bad idea for the mini.
Despite many bad reviews for the mini I think a lot is pilot error. Cant push this little guy.
Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton, Ohio. Enjoy your new Mavic Mini, Fly safe and have fun!

I love my little drone, I recently lost my wife to cancer and was looking for something fun to do and this has really helped me get out and enjoy myself.
Sorry for your loss but really glad to know you’ve found something to get you back to a happy place! You have a good incentive to fly just a little closer to heaven..??❤️

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid