DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lady Liberty

Status
Not open for further replies.
just a FYI for folks going to the NYC area flying a sUAV within 400' of the island / Statue Of Liberty is HIGHLY illegal

Last edited:
and it isn't only Lady Liberty, it is a few other places too, including the USS Constitution in Boston, which is feet away from Logan Airport and in Class B airspace from the surface to 7000, so it is a no fly to start with, then they added a no fly for security on top on the Class B NoFLy

So how far am I?

I can't tell, but it is up to you to stay clear of the controlled airspace that is all around it, the air corridor where you can fly up the Hudson is measured in inches... look at a sectional.

Plus you have all sorts of Helicopter traffic headed there, stuff flying out of Teterboro in close proximity, general aviation using that low level airway.

Add to that the lighting ( after dark) and the next question would be was it VLOS and did you have strobes mounted, because none of the DJI strobes are legal for night flight.

Someone at the National Parks Service could determine by knowing the length of the pier

I can't tell, but it is up to you to stay clear of the controlled airspace that is all around it, the air corridor where you can fly up the Hudson is measured in inches... look at a sectional.

Plus you have all sorts of Helicopter traffic headed there, stuff flying out of Teterboro in close proximity, general aviation using that low level airway.

Add to that the lighting ( after dark) and the next question would be was it VLOS and did you have strobes mounted, because none of the DJI strobes are legal for night flight.

Someone at the National Parks Service could determine by knowing the length of the pier
Yeah, I'll let you know when the FAA calls

OK guys I think he gets the point ,whether he pays it any mind is his decision .I don't see anything else that can be posted in this that will be productive to it so it is closed.
Unknown-1.png

Reactions: Claudcw and mavic53
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pilotltd