DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Less than cool.

MavicKhan

Reactions
I received this email from DJI, regarding my Air 3 order:

"Thank you for your great support of DJI. We have experienced an unexpected delay with your order. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience."

This also happened before, when I ordered my Air 2S.

They charge the due amount immediately and then ship the item at their convenience, while having the money already on their side (...in this case, for a week now...).

This a very poor business practice, to say the least...

MK

This has been DJI's practice since their inception. Now you know. This mostly happens when there is very high demand for a product.

They will also just print a shipping label and that will show up as "shipped" on your account.

Reactions: Torque and Krrr
Yeah...but since EC consumer law does not allow for these kind of shenanigans and, as far as I am concerned, this is the second time this happens, I am considering reporting them.

It''s simple: If you don't have a product for immediate shipping, you shouldn't put forward immediate charges.

Let's see how reasonably this goes...

MK

This happens with many compaines and I blame apple as they were one of the fist to start th Pre Order and offer Prodcuts that were not even designed yet.

I also think that Customs sometimes gets involved in the DJI shipments and gets delayed there , as there are still Containers issues an Ships waiting in Harbor.

Sometimes you have to give a little Grace , but what I have leaned to do is purchase from Two Places , however this time. both DJI and Amazon Were delayed .

I ended up getting one from Best Buy.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 3 in the Rain. land on the Water.

Reactions: DirtyDrone
Yeah...but since EC consumer law does not allow for these kind of shenanigans and, as far as I am concerned, this is the second time this happens, I am considering reporting them.

It''s simple: If you don't have a product for immediate shipping, you shouldn't put forward immediate charges.

Let's see how reasonably this goes...

MK
Are there no exceptions to that rule? It's a silly rule anyway but that's understandable when EC governments get too involved in market and over-control business to the detriment of everyone. You would be the first to complain if you placed an order on day 1 and "paid for it" and then 25 days later when the item was ready to ship, the merchant cancelled the order because the charge wouldn't go thru on day 25 (when it could have gone thru on day 1). Surely the consumers fault but sometimes banks do funny things with multiple charges or untimely charges.

When an item is new or first launches, some consumer like to take their credit card and "buy" from 10 different merchants without having to actually pay for anything and whoever ships first, they can cancel the other 9 without having to put any real money down. For those particular consumers, they couldn't do it otherwise because they didn't have the credit line or couldn't pay the bill (or the interest) should the item delay becomes extensive. For a few people, this is never an issue (because of their financial responsibility). Let's be honest, when you use a credit card (the bank's money) to buy something, that person really doesn't care at that point. I have found the people who care are those who have problems but I get it, sometimes you want merchants just to follow the law/rules. Almost defeats the goal of a preorder and first come/first serve if you can put "deposits" all over the place.

Other challenges involve cancellations. Some merchants it's easier to cancel the order and refund the amount paid should the consumer decide they don't want to wait. Instead of waiting for the authorization/hold to expire especially it if involves two transactions (customer wants to make a change). It gets complicated.

I'd rather see this handled on a case by case with some flexibility depending on the product and timely as long as it is plainly communicated (rather than being told by your government how it must work). The US has quite a few rules as well but they are reasonable. But it's not up to me, so I guess it's just my opinion.

I received this email from DJI, regarding my Air 3 order:

"Thank you for your great support of DJI. We have experienced an unexpected delay with your order. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience."

This also happened before, when I ordered my Air 2S.

They charge the due amount immediately and then ship the item at their convenience, while having the money already on their side (...in this case, for a week now...).

This a very poor business practice, to say the least...

MK
I actually stopped ordering directly from DJI due to their delays in shipping. I can usually get DJI products from B&H in 2 days, or BestBuy or Amazon over night if it's not a brand new release. I ordered my Air 3 on release day and had it in 48 hours from B&H.

I actually stopped ordering directly from DJI due to their delays in shipping. I can usually get DJI products from B&H in 2 days, or BestBuy or Amazon over night if it's not a brand new release. I ordered my Air 3 on release day and had it in 48 hours from B&H.
B&H is my number two since I have a Payboo card but DJI does not charge (me) sales tax and they give 1% back so I don't have a good reason to abandon them just yet. A couple of their latest launches were definitely held up in the shipping pipeline but like you, I have enough drones that I don't need them on day 1. I swear taxes around here are approaching 10% so places like BBY are out of the question for me.

Reactions: Torque
B&H is my number two since I have a Payboo card but DJI does not charge (me) sales tax and they give 1% back so I don't have a good reason to abandon them just yet. A couple of their latest launches were definitely held up in the shipping pipeline but like you, I have enough drones that I don't need them on day 1. I swear taxes around here are approaching 10% so places like BBY are out of the question for me.
I hear you. We don't have state income tax here, sales tax makes up for that. The Payboo card reminds me of the good ol' days of online shopping where we rarely were charged sales tax! heh

DJI nailed me for PA state tax. $110 on Air 3.

DJI nailed me for PA state tax. $110 on Air 3.
Yep, DJI still does sales tax state by state unlike some websites that charge sales tax for everyone/everywhere. I guess I'm one of those states. However, I realize this could change one day and soon or later, my time will be over. $100+ on a drone and closer to $200 on Mavic 3 is quite a bit.

That Payboo card is a potential trap for the unwary. If you ever miss the bill to pay it off in full, the full amount accrues interest from the date of purchase at 26% APR. Their business model is that enough people end up carrying a balance that they can afford to pay you your sales tax upfront as a bribe to be shot at! B&H really has nothing to do with it. It's the bank behind the CC that is rebating the amount of the sales tax back to you. Your state still gets paid the full amount of the sales tax charged. The original bank found it wasn’t profitable and cancelled the agreement. Hence a new card and a new bank. We'll see how long it lasts. Best case scenario, someone else is still paying your sales tax. Initially, its the bank. Eventually, it is another B &H customer who couldn’t pay his bill on time!

That Payboo card is a potential trap for the unwary. If you ever miss the bill to pay it off in full, the full amount accrues interest from the date of purchase at 26% APR. Their business model is that enough people end up carrying a balance that they can afford to pay you your sales tax upfront as a bribe to be shot at! B&H really has nothing to do with it. It's the bank behind the CC that is rebating the amount of the sales tax back to you. Your state still gets paid the full amount of the sales tax charged. The original bank found it wasn’t profitable and cancelled the agreement. Hence a new card and a new bank. We'll see how long it lasts. Best case scenario, someone else is still paying your sales tax. Initially, its the bank. Eventually, it is another B &H customer who couldn’t pay his bill on time!
Understood which is why I don't have to worry about the usual answer "you still have to pay the sales tax to your state government." The tax is being paid. As soon as I make a purchase, I pay the cc bill like I do with any other credit card payment; never any interest. I have my accounts on autopay full balance.

Luckily there are still enough places for me that don't charge sales tax that I don't have to shop so much at B&H even though they have good prices, quick shipping, a good refund policy, and good customer service. My 2% credit card and maybe a discount here or there and I'm usually good elsewhere. I've recently found a good discount code for B&H but it doesn't apply to all their best products so I'll use it when it works. AMEX also gives a pretty good discount at B&H so all in all, I'm glad they are an option. Agreed, I don't expect the pay to tax to work forever.

I just put the Mavic 3 Pro in my B&H cart. :oops:

• Subtotal:
    $2,999.00
  • Shipping
    FREE
  • Sales Tax
    $272.91
  • Total:
    $3,271.91

Understood which is why I don't have to worry about the usual answer "you still have to pay the sales tax to your state government." The tax is being paid. As soon as I make a purchase, I pay the cc bill like I do with any other credit card payment; never any interest. I have my accounts on autopay full balance.

Luckily there are still enough places for me that don't charge sales tax that I don't have to shop so much at B&H even though they have good prices, quick shipping, a good refund policy, and good customer service. My 2% credit card and maybe a discount here or there and I'm usually good elsewhere. I've recently found a good discount code for B&H but it doesn't apply to all their best products so I'll use it when it works. AMEX also gives a pretty good discount at B&H so all in all, I'm glad they are an option. Agreed, I don't expect the pay to tax to work forever.

• Subtotal:
    $2,999.00
  • Shipping
    FREE
  • Sales Tax
    $272.91
  • Total:
    $3,271.91
Might as well get it with the RC Pro, too, unless you already have one! HAH!

DJI Mavic 3 Pro Drone with Fly More Combo & DJI RC Pro​

$3,889.00

The Explore mode on the Mavic 3 Pro is so much more useful with the 3x 70mm in between the 1x and 7x cameras. It's now a nice smooth transition on the zoom wheel, instead of a horrible 4x digital jumping to a sharp 7x. The Air 3 has no Explore Mode. You always have to manually switch cameras, stopping your recording in between!

Reactions: mavic3usa
Same here. I ordered from Amazon this time. The last 4 times it was directly with DJI including the first one (the original Mavic Pro) which took them about 4 weeks to ship and another 2 weeks for shipping/customs.

• Subtotal:
    $2,999.00
  • Shipping
    FREE
  • Sales Tax
    $272.91
  • Total:
    $3,271.91
What credit card do you have at 2% interest on purchases?.... I definitely want to know.

Eventually, it is another B &H customer who couldn’t pay his bill on time!

Frankly, I'll happily enjoy the benefits I'm offered from B&H. I agreed to the Terms and Conditions, and so did another B&H customer. It's a dog-eat-dog world. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: GadgetGuy
What credit card do you have at 2% interest on purchases?.... I definitely want to know.
Sorry, 2% cash back for your purchase so when I spend $2999 at DJI using my Fidelity visa card, I get a $60 statement credit. I have no idea about interest rates since I never pay interest, I'm sure it's double digits everywhere.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Probably quite an irritation as a buyer, but not compared to the issues facing some people in the world, like a citizen of Ukraine or Sudan. That's not intended at all as sarcasm, just reminding those of us fortunate enough to fly drones, our woes are miniscule in comparison to many of the Earth's population.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas