DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi capabilities

Richie1027

Premium Pilot
Reactions
it’s been over a year since I’ve used litchi; ran numerous missions but never capitalized on all its features, or perhaps didn’t experiment enough.

i was wondering if the options available when setting waypoints were sophisticated enough to parrot/mimic the Mastershots feature in the DJI fly app.
This Is just a curiosity of mine as I wonder now how complex waypoint missions can actually be.

Let me piggyback this question with another; would like to hear if anyone enjoys flying missions from those posted on the mission hub.

thanks

I have only used Litchi on a P3A, and yes I believe that on all you loose signal and you can't control the camera.

I bought the MM1 right when it came out, when I started looking to Missions, That model if it looses signal it returns to home. Around my area Large trees Doug Fir, Pine, Oak. Anyways in about 3 seconds, well that didn't work. Glad I found that out before I tried it.

BTW, I am a professional flying into trees. :rolleyes: Thumbswayup

Rod ..

Reactions: Richie1027
it’s been over a year since I’ve used litchi; ran numerous missions but never capitalized on all its features, or perhaps didn’t experiment enough.
Litchi has a number of features. The most important for many are its waypoint planning features. Specifically, the Mission Hub which lets you easily plan missions from the comfort of your home computer.

i was wondering if the options available when setting waypoints were sophisticated enough to parrot/mimic the Mastershots feature in the DJI fly app.
Mastershots? Maybe it's me, but I have yet to see a video where "Mastershots" was used as part of the recording process. If "Mastershots" is all you want, just use DJI Fly. If you want to move beyond those constraints, design your own mission to do anything you want.
This Is just a curiosity of mine as I wonder now how complex waypoint missions can actually be.
A mission can be as complicated (or simple) as you desire. I've seen missions with well over 1000 waypoints. However, the quality of a mission is not determined by the number of waypoints. A high-quality mission is one that produces the "best" camera movements to obtain the desired effect.
Let me piggyback this question with another; would like to hear if anyone enjoys flying missions from those posted on the mission hub.
I've viewed many but have never flown one. The missions I create are specific to my requirements. Therefore, it is unlikely that I would find one in the Mission Hub that happens to suit my needs.

Reactions: RodPad
Litchi has a number of features. The most important for many are its waypoint planning features. Specifically, the Mission Hub which lets you easily plan missions from the comfort of your home computer.

Mastershots? Maybe it's me, but I have yet to see a video where "Mastershots" was used as part of the recording process. If "Mastershots" is all you want, just use DJI Fly. If you want to move beyond those constraints, design your own mission to do anything you want.

A mission can be as complicated (or simple) as you desire. I've seen missions with well over 1000 waypoints. However, the quality of a mission is not determined by the number of waypoints. A high-quality mission is one that produces the "best" camera movements to obtain the desired effect.

I've viewed many but have never flown one. The missions I create are specific to my requirements. Therefore, it is unlikely that I would find one in the Mission Hub that happens to suit my needs.
First let me say I love Litchi. I love Panos and Waypoints. On my wish list is setting a Waypoint mission, where you can stop and execute a full 360 pano, then move to the next waypoint, do another full pano. I am aware of the limited pano that can be executed at a waypoint.

I've viewed many but have never flown one. The missions I create are specific to my requirements. Therefore, it is unlikely that I would find one in the Mission Hub that happens to suit my needs
One of my utilities lets you do exactly that.
ill need to check out your utilities. I’ve plotted And flown over 100 simple missions. my post lacked the correct verbiage re mastershots and Mimic/parrot”. I didn’t want to re-create the wheel. Just seeing if people have experimented with litchi capabilities. I fly entirely for fun. Not out to get the best pic/vid necessarily. my Vision cannot differentiate a 2mp photo from a 48mp photo. Thanks for pointing out your business. I’ll def check it out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne