DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost Drone

Dronin'round

Reactions
I lost my Mavic on January 1, 2018 just flying near my home, it got up to 50ft and started drifting in a western direction. I got a Downward Vision Sensor error and only 4 Satellites, so there is no GPS tracking data, hence no final transmission of its location. The Airdata says it was up 39 seconds. We have searched on foot and with my newer Mavic without success. The last bit of video I recall on my iPad Mini was it hitting a tree and coming down in a lot of dead leaves on the ground. We have searched within a 500ft radius of the take off point, no luck. Is there a way to recover the video other than retrieving the SD card from inside the drone? Any ideas of what to do next?

Last edited:
Check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.

Reactions: Callum
If you had the "Cache Video" enabled you should be able to see the video on your app device as well, the best way to determine the last known location is to do a Msinger says, upload your .txt file to Phantom Help / Flight Log Viewer and then post a link to it here and we can try to help.

The data I have from Airdata is not helpful, there are no coordinates because the GPA Tracking was not working. It showed only 4 satellites and 39sec in flight with an altitude of 50 feet when it hit the tree and a final altitude of 9.5ft. The drone was drifting most of the time except after it hit an obstacle and tried to recover increasing its speed to 27mph. I was flying on Litchi. Let me check to see if the cache video was enebled. How much video will the cache hold? I have already flown a couple of more missions looking for the drone with my newer drone. Attached is the final image on my mobile device the day of the crash.

Attachments

• final shot.JPG
    final shot.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 55
The data I have from Airdata is not helpful, there are no coordinates because the GPA Tracking was not working. It showed only 4 satellites and 39sec in flight with an altitude of 50 feet when it hit the tree and a final altitude of 9.5ft. The drone was drifting most of the time except after it hit an obstacle and tried to recover increasing its speed to 27mph. I was flying on Litchi. Let me check to see if the cache video was enebled. How much video will the cache hold? I have already flown a couple of more missions looking for the drone with my newer drone. Attached is the final image on my mobile device the day of the crash.
I did not have the video cache on.

I lost my Mavic on Januar 1, 2018 just flying near my home, it got up to 50ft and started drifting in a western direction. I got a Downward Vision Sensor error and only 4 Satellites, so there is no GPS tracking data, hence no final transmission of its location. The Airdata says it was up 39 seconds. We have searched on foot and with my newer Mavic without success. The last bit of video I recall on my iPad Mini was it hitting a tree and coming down in a lot of dead leaves on the ground. We have searched within a 500ft radius of the take off point, no luck. Is there a way to recover the video other than retrieving the SD card from inside the drone? Any ideas of what to do next?

Hi Dronin'round, I lost my Mavic Platinum on 12/31/2017... I suggest that you contact dji and open a customer support ticket with them so they will investigate the incident. If it was a malfunction and not a pilot error than they will help you replace it. DJI is now investigating my incident and they told me that they will let me know their findings within 5 working days. So I am waiting to hear from DJI,
Good luck

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miniguy2mavic