DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M4P lost connection and felt out of the sky

Baronner

Reactions
My MP4 suddenly lost connection with M4P and seemed to felt out of the sky.

Facts:
- 119, height and 110m distance of homepoint (= also controller position).
- Full connection strength.
- No obstacles between motion controller 2 and the M4P. (Home Point (H) is visable below the swimmig pools)
- All batteries at > 75%.
- 22 satellites
- Goggles 2 and controller looses suddenly connection at a speed of 8.6m/s
- M4P didn't return to home

NB: prior to take off I was asked for a battery firmware update, which I did. Rebooted drone afterwards.

See link below for the camera view before loss (recorded from the Goggles 2). I do not have black box logs, since DJI Fly App was not connected at time of the loss

Video: MP4 connection lost & felt out of the sky (video was recorded from goggles)
Airdata: Airdata Logs

What could be the cause of this loss?

Last edited:
...What could be the cause of this loss?
The loss of connection was most probably not the root cause, instead a consequence of the incident.

All attitude telemetry + battery data doesn't indicate anything abnormal just there in the end of the log, you had just started to apply a full command for forward flight (stick mode 3)... & then 4sec later the log ends with your mini still airborne.

All this strongly indicate a power loss, either battery related or due to some electronical fault. This stopped the motors, ended all connections & stopped the log recording... & your drone fell like a rock.

Reactions: mavictk
Thank for your analysis. That's what I was thinking, and now the telemetry is supporting that version. Sunday, I started a Fly Away Case on the DJI website. No response so far, but I'll hope they support this analysis and will sent me a free replacement. Thanks again for helping me!

That’s the worst nightmare, did you retrieve it ? Did controller tell you where it was?
And let us know what happens

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d