DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Major Solar Flare Activity

colcol5411

Reactions
I know we all check the environmentals just prior to flying but hears a heads up....... probably come to nothing, however I would keep an i on your KP and GPS in the coming period as there has been big sunspots spotted witch means possible interference to global positioning systems.
We have all seen the caos that can happen from sudden gps/positioning issues.

Wouldn't want to hear of any of you crashing your assets ?

.Solar Flare Activity

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I know we all check the environmentals just prior to flying but hears a heads up....... probably come to nothing, however I would keep an i on your KP and GPS in the coming period as there has been big sunspots spotted witch means possible interference to global positioning systems.
We have all seen the caos that can happen from sudden gps/positioning issues.
The sky isn't falling.
High K-index has never shown any effect on drone flying.
These warnings turn up whenever there's some solar flare activity but it's supposed effect on your flying is just a myth.

Last edited:
The sky isn't falling.
High K-index has never shown any effect on drone flying.
These warnings turn up whenever there's some solar falre activity but it's supposed effect on your flying is just a myth.
Rates right up with the flying around radio towers, cell towers ,electrical transformers, high power lines and any number of "Theory's" which have been thus proven false (thus far). But just that one chance and all that data goes out the window :p

Yes your probably right there folks ? it's just the media frenzy drama machine again.....?

OK guys. Thanks for all your feedback. I shall, other weather permitting, give it a go. Some heartening stories of no incidents gives me the confidence.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1