DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Classsic will not pair

kpmac

Reactions
Mavic 3 Classic will no longer pair with RC remote. Went out to fly two days ago and drone would not pair with remote. Went through all the pairing routines. Even used Assistant 2 for updating the remote and drone. Still no luck. Reset the remote to factory settings and updated again. Still no luck. Looks like a trip to DJI, I guess. It's still under warranty. Any suggestions.

In these circumatances I would try removing the memory card from the drone, a corrupt or misnamed file has been known to prevent pairing in some drones.
Can you
a) pair any other compatible controller with the drone? Or
b) pair the controller to any other compatible drone?

In these circumatances I would try removing the memory card from the drone, a corrupt or misnamed file has been known to prevent pairing in some drones.
Can you
a) pair any other compatible controller with the drone? Or
b) pair the controller to any other compatible drone?
Thanks, I tried that. No luck.

• Sad
Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
It's off to DJI we go.
Last ditch effort is to make sure the drone and RC are on compatible FW versions. Verify that the attempted FW updates actually succeeded, by checking their version numbers after updating. I've had this issue myself. What you are describing is typically caused by a FW mismatch between the drone and the RC, which won't allow the pairing to succeed.

DJI repaired my drone under warranty—no cost to me. I did receive a different drone than the one I sent to them. This, I suppose, is how they expedite repairs. They also sent a free pair of new props as a bonus. Somehow my prop/gimbal harness was broken and they sent a new one and included the old broken one, too. Great service.

Reactions: GadgetGuy

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman