DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 pro lag. Anyone else?

mikey201

Reactions
Anybody else have lag on their mavic 3 pro. I have the DJI RC. I get lag whenever I try to change The shutter speed or aperture etc. Or when switching from video to photo or vice versa via physical buttons or touch screen controls. Also when changing flight modes. Basically everything is laggy except the gimbal controls,the video and actually flying the drone. Wondering if it just needs a firmware update. I would have included lag when changing between the 3 cameras but DJI said that's normal since all 3 cameras are different.
I've already reset my RC but that didn't fix the problem

I have heard the RC is underpowered and the RC Pro has the horsepower to get it done.

It's the rc not your aircraft, I speak from experience with both the DJI RC and the DJI RC Pro. That's the first thing I noticed with the DJI RC that came with my Mavic 3 Classic. To the point that I actually wished I had the RC-N1 so at least I would have a fast operating system on my own device. I splurged on the very expensive RC-PRO and I have never regretted it.

Do we think the RC Pro will be replaced any time soon? I've thought about buying one but I'd rather wait on the next iteration of it before splashing out, I'm put off by the weight and battery life of the current model, and of course the ludicrous price when compared to the much better value DJI RC.

Do we think the RC Pro will be replaced any time soon? I've thought about buying one but I'd rather wait on the next iteration of it before splashing out, I'm put off by the weight and battery life of the current model, and of course the ludicrous price when compared to the much better value DJI RC.
There are some awesome deals on gently used RC Pro right here in the classified; that would be your best bet!

There are some awesome deals on gently used RC Pro right here in the classified; that would be your best bet!
$900 for a used controller isn't quite what I had in mind, I'd still be sitting on the fence if they were half that price, especially since knowing my luck it'll probably be superseded soon after I bought it, hence my original question.

I flew mine for the first time last night and it was super responsive. A little delay when switching cameras, but completely within expectations. It's also my first chance to use the DJI RC and, coming from the Smart Controller, I found it to be quite good. I had screen recording on the whole time and didn't even notice, when doing the same on the SC is almost impossible because it just bogs down the remote.

I have flown with both the RC and RC PRO and there is delay on the Switch from camera on both units.
I would ask that you post a video of the Situational problem for us to compare before you make the switch as you might find it very similar. The real advantage of the Pro is are some custom buttons but the ability to switch drones is its defining advantage.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Reactions: SkywalkerFeng

DJI smart controller lasted 2 years and 10 months, until it was replaced by RC Pro. Now that RC Pro is out for one year and 7 months, it won't be too long for DJI to release its successor.

Anybody else have lag on their mavic 3 pro. I have the DJI RC. I get lag whenever I try to change The shutter speed or aperture etc. Or when switching from video to photo or vice versa via physical buttons or touch screen controls. Also when changing flight modes. Basically everything is laggy except the gimbal controls,the video and actually flying the drone. Wondering if it just needs a firmware update. I would have included lag when changing between the 3 cameras but DJI said that's normal since all 3 cameras are different.
I've already reset my RC but that didn't fix the problem
What distance away are you?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman