DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic in a tree

bassnbeau

Premium Pilot
Reactions
A tree gobbled up my Mavic Pro, finally dropped out of the tree 2 1/2 months later after a very hard rain and wind storm. Had to replace two rear motors and a new camera. Have done IMU/Compass calibration. After taking off and it is hoovering it will turn left on its axis, tried to take it up and it decided to suddenly land very hard, from about 12 feet up. Any suggestions.

redundancy switch error and something like "compass error p-mode" am not at home where I have this written down, sorry.

A tree gobbled up my Mavic Pro, finally dropped out of the tree 2 1/2 months later after a very hard rain and wind storm. Had to replace two rear motors and a new camera. Have done IMU/Compass calibration. After taking off and it is hoovering it will turn left on its axis, tried to take it up and it decided to suddenly land very hard, from about 12 feet up. Any suggestions.
sounds like water damage to the electronics inside

It's the compas error is the only one that you are getting then figure out which compass is giving you the error And either replace it or find out if it became disconnected.

Reactions: GavieboyDji
I don't own a Mavic Pro ( I have the Air) but I was wondering why it may have hit the tree to begin with. Doesn't it have obstacle avoidance or was that feature turned off at the time of the crash? Just curious.

They only have obstacle avoidance in the front. It's easy to hit anything from the rear or side.
I don't own a Mavic Pro ( I have the Air) but I was wondering why it may have hit the tree to begin with. Doesn't it have obstacle avoidance or was that feature turned off at the time of the crash? Just curious.

Also OA might not pick up small branches sticking out of the tree.
You might run into that ladder sticking out of that truck in front of you, even though you clearly notice the truck itself.

I was excited about the video I was taking and forgot about the huge tree on the other side of the church I was videoing.....totally my fault.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShermanL