DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini CE (aka the rubbish one)

SMLP

Reactions
Firstly hello all,

As i'm sure its the same for a lot of people on here after getting you first Mavic (I'm on week 3) you very quickly start to become obsessed with getting the best out of your bird. The issue I'm having after watching all them range test videos is that I just can't get anything reasonable compared to what I have seen in an urban area.

I have got myself a "Range extender" and it has helped. The big issue, however is the CAA rules vs the FCC rules are a bit more restricting, something I didn't realise when I dropped the money for my Mavic Mini Fly More Combo.

Clearly you FCC lot have loads more fly space than the little island of the UK so I kind of get it; but the extra range frequency would make for better Urban flight and i want that range.

I have seen some conversation/Videos regarding methods that can be followed that could/may allow a Mavic Mini CE to update itself to "FCC Mode" that would then allow a greater range. I haven't done this because at this stage my lack of flight time and skill with flying it is unnecessary and would be irresponsible; regardless of the issue of the local laws.

I was wondering if anybody has come across this CE to FCC mode thing or knows a guy that knows a guy; that may have followed these methods and if I actually worked or even if it should be attempted?

Reactions: Lastrexking
I use the workaround on my Mavic Air. Purely for signal stability and strength. It’s easy enough to do.
As for the legality..... nobody would ever know if you were stopped.

Reactions: SMLP
I use the workaround on my Mavic Air. Purely for signal stability and strength. It’s easy enough to do.
As for the legality..... nobody would ever know if you were stopped.

that was my thought too... although I’mmay need to get an Android device that will run the DJI fly app before I can do it as i currently only have an iPhone. Is it actually that much better? I get the feeling that it will be. I feel like my only other option is to get everyone living is the local area to switch the old school dial up internet and network cables ?

No idea if the workaround works for the Mavic Pro I will dig out one of the videos showing the work around.

Reactions: Simon S
Firstly hello all,

As i'm sure its the same for a lot of people on here after getting you first Mavic (I'm on week 3) you very quickly start to become obsessed with getting the best out of your bird. The issue I'm having after watching all them range test videos is that I just can't get anything reasonable compared to what I have seen in an urban area.

I have got myself a "Range extender" and it has helped. The big issue, however is the CAA rules vs the FCC rules are a bit more restricting, something I didn't realise when I dropped the money for my Mavic Mini Fly More Combo.

Clearly you FCC lot have loads more fly space than the little island of the UK so I kind of get it; but the extra range frequency would make for better Urban flight and i want that range.

I have seen some conversation/Videos regarding methods that can be followed that could/may allow a Mavic Mini CE to update itself to "FCC Mode" that would then allow a greater range. I haven't done this because at this stage my lack of flight time and skill with flying it is unnecessary and would be irresponsible; regardless of the issue of the local laws.

I was wondering if anybody has come across this CE to FCC mode thing or knows a guy that knows a guy; that may have followed these methods and if I actually worked or even if it should be attempted?

I too am new to the Mavic Mini and likewise saw all manner of long range flight videos on YouTube. Obviously understand CE differences but I’m struggling to get more than 500m range and that doesn’t seem right? Admittedly, I’ve been flying near wooded areas etc but with open spaces too. I’d be interested to know how the hack pans out for you if you were to attempt. Happy flying, comrade!

P.S Any good shouts on nice places to fly? I’m not too far from the Wirral myself.

Any good shouts on nice places to fly? I’m not too far from the Wirral myself.

Not going to lie I haven't found any great places to fly yet I just been dashing about my little practice area near Eastham/Hooton... right on the edge of a massive no-fly and surrounded by loads of flight restrictions areas... it a nightmare.

That said If I find anywhere good.... I'll let you know.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-05-24 at 16.52.44.png
    Screenshot 2020-05-24 at 16.52.44.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 22
Not going to lie I haven't found any great places to fly yet I just been dashing about my little practice area near Eastham/Hooton... right on the edge of a massive no-fly and surrounded by loads of flight restrictions areas... it a nightmare.

That said If I find anywhere good.... I'll let you know.

Yeah, me neither but will likewise! Im in Warrington so flight paths galore. Enjoy the drone fella

This works?
Regardless that there are two types of remotes for Mavic Mini? So...maybe different hardware in them?

Don’t know yet not tried it as I was hoping to try in an android device before messing about with iOS. I did see a post about aa fakegps app for iOS so if I can work it out I will try and let you know. ??

Reactions: BokiFly
Currently my distance record over residential highly populated area is 1436m (4711 ft) but that was at 5am. The same area in the daytime when everybody is on their WiFi I get 650 metres at most. So I'd say get out early morning and have another try.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hcastro