DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic on a cruise

rumblefish

Reactions
i have an impending cruise on Royal Carribean. my understanding is they reqire you to check in your drone and you get it back at each port.
my questions are:
  • If any one has done this, how easy/smooth is the process to check in/check out your drone?
  • has anyone able to slip their mavic past security. I can see them eyeballing a phantom in the security monitors and they would know immediately what it is, but I'm wondering if they will even notice a mavic in my camera bag.

Reactions: KiterTodd
I've read that it's hit and miss whether they give it back to you at each port. Some keep it the entire cruise. Some have said that you need to contact the cruise line directly and ask and save the response but even that does not offer any guarantees.

Reactions: cgfriberg
As per Royal Caribbean's prohibited list you can not bring an aerial drone...

Prohibited items:

• Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas.
  • Sharp Objects, including all knives and scissors. (Note: Personal grooming items such as safety razors are allowed. Scissors with blade length less than 4 inches are allowed.)
  • Illegal Drugs & Substances
  • Candles, Incense, Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, Travel Steamers & Hot Plates. (Items that generate heat or produce an open flame. This includes heating pads, clothing irons, hotplates, candles, incense and any other item that may create a fire hazard. NOTE: The only exception to this policy are curling irons and hair straighteners. Matches and normal lighteners are allowed onboard. However ""torch lighters"" and novelty lighters that look like guns are not allowed onboard. Torch lighters emit a powerful concentrated flame, and therefore are prohibited.
  • Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Cricket Bats, Bows & Arrows
  • Illegal Drugs
  • Skateboards & Surfboards
  • Aerial Drones
Onboard Policy | Prohibited Item List | Royal Caribbean Intl.

Going on a celebrity cruise, which is a RC company . I’m going to Bahamas in March.

Going to San Juan, st. Kitt, and st Martin. I don’t see anything that says I can’t use my Mavic at these places.

I take their rules to mean I can’t use my drone on board the ship, which is understandable.

If they need to hold the drone while on board, I’ll be ok with that.

Had mine in the fly more bag in the bottom of a day backpack and never got stopped or had any questions asked, it was a 56 day cruise and staff changed a lot during the trip so either no one cared or no one knew what it was

In Hong Kong lots of people bought drones and all of the new boxed drones got confiscated, yet still no questions about mine

The confiscated drones were until the end of the trip, couldn't get them at any ports

i have an impending cruise on Royal Carribean. my understanding is they reqire you to check in your drone and you get it back at each port.
my questions are:
  • If any one has done this, how easy/smooth is the process to check in/check out your drone?
  • has anyone able to slip their mavic past security. I can see them eyeballing a phantom in the security monitors and they would know immediately what it is, but I'm wondering if they will even notice a mavic in my camera bag.

Getting on and off at ports is a joke as it is. I wouldnt want to have to throw in trying to check in/out my drone each time.

Had mine in the fly more bag in the bottom of a day backpack and never got stopped or had any questions asked, it was a 56 day cruise and staff changed a lot during the trip so either no one cared or no one knew what it was

In Hong Kong lots of people bought drones and all of the new boxed drones got confiscated, yet still no questions about mine

The confiscated drones were until the end of the trip, couldn't get them at any ports

56 day cruise?? Damnnnn that must’ve been one hell of a trip

RC finally responded to my email. the rep that responded said they will keep the drone for the duration of the cruise, which is no bueno for me. It also conflicts with what I've read and heard.
asked for further clarification and no response. will trying calling next week .

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom