DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Platinum - Same Color as Pro?

FlyGuy8675309

Reactions
In some photos it looks lighter. Just wondering if the Mavic Plat. is the exact color as the Pro.

DSC01366-800x534.jpg

DJI-Mavic-Pro-Platinum-Vs-Mavic-Pro.jpg

mavic-pro-vs-mavic-platinum-banner.jpg

Need some photos of the pro battery on the platinum.

^^ This ^^ You are reading my mind, sir. And thanks @msinger for the pics. I'm thinking of ordering another 3-4 batteries but can't decide which color. Guess is doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things - just thinking I'll be getting a Mavic Plat. before too long.

Reactions: Advexure
maxresdefault.jpg

It’s weird that there aren’t any threads discussing the Platinum and its differences from the Pro.

It’s weird that there aren’t any threads discussing the Platinum and its differences from the Pro.
It would be a very short thread. There are only a couple differences. It has been discussed in many threads.

Reactions: Advexure
It would be a very short thread. There are only a couple differences. It has been discussed in many threads.

Very true.

^^ This ^^ You are reading my mind, sir. And thanks @msinger for the pics. I'm thinking of ordering another 3-4 batteries but can't decide which color. Guess is doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things - just thinking I'll be getting a Mavic Plat. before too long.

Here are some of our additional images comparing colors just on batteries.

Mavic Platinum Battery - 1.JPG
Mavic Platinum Battery - 2.JPG

Both are IN STOCK, you can find them at the links below:

Mavic Pro Platinum Battery – $89
Regular Mavic Pro Battery – $89

Reactions: Ping^Spike
Undoubtedly, DJI is considering a black carbon fiber look for a later version of the Mavic or Mavic 2. It has been part of the evolution of both the Phantom and the Inspire.

Personally, I don't care. It's what it does while in the air that matters to me, not how it looks while there.

I guess for me a platinum is just a refurbished mp. Repaint it with platinum and give them a set new blades and walla! 3:)
Well, there's also the improved camera hardware that helps with shooting in certain resolutions and frame rates, and the improved ESCs.

Am I in the minority saying I tremendously prefer the Mavic Pro coloration over the Platinum?

I'm the type of enthusiast that would buy on color, but the Platinum coloration just looks like a really faded and washed out Mavic Pro. I dunno, and I haven't seen anything but the videos (so not in person). It wasn't much of an upgrade anyway, so it would have been really superficial to do it, but I totally could have seen myself buying if it wasn't so ugly. By making it ugly (and yes, I realize that's subjective, but yeah...), DJI made it easy for me not to "upgrade", so... thanks?

I'll use the new props (eventually... Advexure....), but even if they don't help with anything performance-wise, I think they look better.

Reactions: Mr. Salty
Am I in the minority saying I tremendously prefer the Mavic Pro coloration over the Platinum?

I'm the type of enthusiast that would buy on color, but the Platinum coloration just looks like a really faded and washed out Mavic Pro.

I'll offer my opinion based on experiences with wrapping my Mavic Pro brushed aluminum. Although the brushed aluminum finish might be slightly lighter than the Platinum, the contrast is similar. I didn't really think about it much when I first purchased the wrap but I imagine folks will be finding out just as I did that the visibility and VLOS range will be reduced when flying during the day in bright sun and in certain overcast situations. I find the darker contrast of the MP is easier to spot for daytime flights. But that's just me.

Image attached for reference.

Attachments

• IMG_1238.jpg
    IMG_1238.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 21
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member