DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pp dropped from sky like a brick.

WHIT

Reactions
My fifth flight and she goes down like a brick. I downloaded the logs for all of them. didn't have video on the last one. looks like it lost communication the moment it went down. I could have sworn I had rth setting all set considering I had just watched the video. I have DJ care refresh, but thought I would post this here first. If someone would like to examine the logs, that would be great. In the mean time, I'll start a claim. The last 2 flights were simple but fun. Can't wait to get this back. thanks

I don't read logs as @sar104 and a few others are the pros at that but just from what you posted it sounds like your battery came loose and it just dropped . Happens when both sides don't completely
click in place .

has your neighbour been target practising? (GET OFF MY LAWN)
I'm reading the logs now...
nothingo_O
looks like you may have left a mark/hole on the residents shingles across the road if it dropped there?

Last edited:
I have nothing to contribute to this post.!
Maybe lousy spelling....
That being said
I have reviewed your flight log you posted.

We're exactly did you launch from.?
Is that you standing by the pool in the back yard..??
........NICE.!
.....Can I come over..??
.......just asking.... cR..

Reactions: SpinItUp
has your neighbour been target practising? (GET OFF MY LAWN)
I'm reading the logs now...
nothingo_O
looks like you may have left a mark/hole on the residents shingles across the road if it dropped there?

actually crashed into the lawn in between the houses just ahead of where the yellow line ends, in front of that short fence joining the two houses. I'll bet it was the battery not being in completely, i had just switched out a depleted battery with a fresh one.

Reactions: charliesRig
I have nothing to contribute to this post.!
Maybe lousy spelling....
That being said
I have reviewed your flight log you posted.

We're exactly did you launch from.?
Is that you standing by the pool in the back yard..??
........NICE.!
.....Can I come over..??
.......just asking.... cR..
yes, that's me at the pool. Launched from the front of the house with the pool.

actually crashed into the lawn in between the houses just ahead of where the yellow line ends, in front of that short fence joining the two houses. I'll bet it was the battery not being in completely, I had just switched out a depleted battery with a fresh one.
I wouldn't be too pleased if someone was buzzing a drone that close over my home.
MyLawn_GetOffIt.jpg
Sent from my W65_67SC using MavicPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Your name and address are a part of the close interwebs community now.[emoji12]

Sent from my W65_67SC using MavicPilots mobile app
If you have nothing to contribute then please stop posting in this thread .
Consider this just a friendly warning

Om my 2nd flight ever I had a message about securing the battery just as I was taking off. I landed and sure enough it was loose. I have been checking that before each flight.

Om my 2nd flight ever I had a message about securing the battery just as I was taking off. I landed and sure enough it was loose. I have been checking that before each flight.
Well, lesson learned, i should have double checked. I didn't mention that I had found the battery about a foot away from the drone. If the battery was completely in, would the battery have been ejected? The drone crashed onto soft turf.

Reactions: charliesRig
I don't read logs as @sar104 and a few others are the pros at that but just from what you posted it sounds like your battery came loose and it just dropped . Happens when both sides don't completely
click in place .

Agreed. The log ended just after a sudden transition from full forwards elevator to centered, which will have pitched the aircraft backwards quiet violently. That seems to be a common trigger for loose batteries.

I have a typed checklist of things to check before each flight stuck to a business card and kept in the mavic bag side pocket. Check props on tight and battery tight are one of the things on the list. Reading it before each flight is helpful

Reactions: HighlandsVideo

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dean1980