DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Overheating

Ravenshield

Reactions
Hey all!

I recently crashed my drone and ripped of the ribbon cable to the gimbal. I replaced this cable and all seemed to be working. I turned the drone and and went to do a Gimbal Calibration and noticed I lost connection to the remote. I went to grab the Mavic and it was extremely hot! It literally burns you when grabbing it from the bottom. I let it cool off and tried using the DJI assistant to do a firmware reload and a calibration. During the calibration I lost connection again and the drone was scolding hot.

Good thing I didn't take the drone for a spin, would have doped straight from the sky, lol. Any suggestions?

See if you can turn the fan blades through the front grill. I think you have a mechanical problem with your fan and I would not turn the drone on again. It could be a power failure at the core board, or could possibly be the fan got damaged. If you let it continue to run without the fan cooling it it will permanently damage your drone

I went back to verify. The fan doesn't run. : /

Has anyone tried getting to the fan to troubleshoot/replace? If so, how hard is it?

I mean I replaced ribbon cable for the gimbal so I had to take off the entire gimbal/camera. I guess how difficult is it in compassion?

Just an update on this. I was able to replace the fan (pretty easy) and everything seemed to worked fine!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klik4d