DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 or 3

hydroboss

Reactions
Hey all you experienced pilots
Today I crashed my mini 2 in the woods and is probably not recoverable. I loved my mini 2 . I know dji has discontinued the 2 but you can still get them on eBay.
So I can get a 2 off eBay or get a 3. Except is the 3 compatible with the controller and batteries of the 2? Would it be worth getting the 3 even if not?

welcome to the forum
it all depends how much the hobby means to you in terms of what you want from it if you fly a lot then your best option would be the Mini3 with the new DJI RC plus fly more kit,of course that is going to more expensive ,especially if you go for the Mini 3 pro ,but then you will have the best sub 250g drone on the market right now
the down side is that apart from the controller you already have none of your Mini 2 batteries or props or accessories such as landing gear etc will fit the mini 3

I love my Mini 2 but if I have a good excuse to get a Mini 3, I will get it, specially the Pro version.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

If you liked the drone and can find a replacement at a good price, I'd say go for it.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Today I crashed my mini 2 in the woods and is probably not recoverable. I loved my mini 2 . I know dji has discontinued the 2 but you can still get them on eBay.
So I can get a 2 off eBay or get a 3. Except is the 3 compatible with the controller and batteries of the 2? Would it be worth getting the 3 even if not?

Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends.

I was in my Costco (Newport News, VA) last week and they still have a nicely stocked display with 20-30 Mini 2s still in stock… I was in Best Buy (one block away about 10-days ago and they also have the Mini 2 as well as others in stock…

Did you know that DJI is projected to release the Mini 2 SE in just over a month? An upscale SE, but less than the Mini 2

Here is a link to one of the announcements. But I have to ask, "WHY???'

It is possibly an advertising stunt. Do you remember when IHOP (International House of Pancakes) said they were changing their name to "IHOb" (little "b" for burger, it was all just a publicity stunt…

The Mini 3 has a lot to offer, but do you need those "Extras?" As you noted it doubles the cost. I fly the Mini 2 and it does everything I want except shoot straight up for my Photospheres…. But if there are no Chinese Spy Balloons overhead, I'm not missing much.

Fly On and Fly Safe…

Did you know that DJI is projected to release the Mini 2 SE in just over a month? An upscale SE, but less than the Mini 2
Not projected anymore! There was an update to the Fly app and now the Mini 2 SE has been added.

6119DDE7-199C-412B-AE45-3C35F2DE92AE.png

So as LoudThunder said if you want a scaled down version of the Mini 2 you will have that option soon.

Welcome to the forum!

Chris

Not projected anymore! There was an update to the Fly app and now the Mini 2 SE has been added.
When I first read the OP's posting and their concern that the Mini 2 was being discontinued; I, as a Mini 2 owner, was very concerned and I Googled the Mini 2 to see if I had missed some announcement. The following Link came up in Google…

link.png

When I clicked on the Link, it came up as a Dead Link on the DJI Web Site.

dead link.png

So, this is why I suspected that it all might be a Publicity Stunt…

But, Google also brought up the "DroneDJ" Web Site, which I included…

But honestly, I do not understand why DJI would build a mid-level Drone between the SE and the Mini 2 (although it is almost all Mini 2…). It seemed that Mini, the SE, and the Mini 2, all create a nice progressive series of drones with increasing capabilities.

This will surely become a Logistical nightmare for DJI and it will only get worse with the addition of one more model. Considering that DJI will have to keep all the various parts on hand (manufacturing, distributing those parts all over the world, and storing them for possible use, etc…

I believe that the Enhanced WiFi that DJI offers in the Mini and the SE is so much better than the competition's WiFi. And the OcuSync 2 and the newer, more powerful 3 is without compare.

If the specifications noted on DroneDJ's web site are to be believed, the only difference between the Mini 2 and Mini 2 SE is the Branding and the higher resolution of 4K video in the M2 verses 2.7 in the M2 SE. From what I understand, this difference is only in the software as the Camera Sensor is the same in all three models.

And the final point that confuses me the most is how the specs for the M2 and M2 SE are so close but the new model is projected to cost only $70 more than the SE (A Good Deal for the enhanced flight characteristics and the OcuSync), but $80 less than the M2 (not a good deal for the M2 as it only offers the extra 4K Video). How many folks will want to pay $80 more just for the 4K capability?

confused.gif

Reactions: wjkrysak
Welcome to the forum! :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman