DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Mini 3 Pro Train Tracking Test 3

On my Air 2S none of the Active Track stuff works at 4K. I had to set the resolution to 1080P.
I would imagine your Mini 3 would be the same?

• Sad
Reactions: Jug's Life
On my Air 2S none of the Active Track stuff works at 4K. I had to set the resolution to 1080P.
I would imagine your Mini 3 would be the same?
Works in 4K just fine. Are you sure about this on the Air2S? Seems odd it would be downgraded in this area.

Works in 4K just fine. Are you sure about this on the Air2S? Seems odd it would be downgraded in this area.
Yes - I had exactly the same problem I see in your video trying to draw a box around the selected object to track and failing. A close read of my manual finally showed the "limitations" of using some of the active track modes in any resolution above 1080p 30 fps.
From the mini 3 pro manual:
"FocusTrack is disabled when recording at a high resolution such as 1080p 48/50/60/120 fps, 2.7K 48/50/60 fps, or 4K 48/50/60 fps."

Last edited:
My general experience is the DJI tracking is a POS, always seems like it’ll be the best, and I always end up going manual after repeated failures. Does seem to be useful for stationary objects but that’s not really tracking.

• Wow
I was pretty frustrated with the active track during my last shoot. With the drone facing the water it would not focus on my subject but if I turned the drone and faced the land or got close to the subject (10 feet) the drone would lock. It’s nice when it does work tho.

• Sad
Yes - I had exactly the same problem I see in your video trying to draw a box around the selected object to track and failing. A close read of my manual finally showed the "limitations" of using some of the active track modes in any resolution above 1080p 30 fps.
From the mini 3 pro manual:
"FocusTrack is disabled when recording at a high resolution such as 1080p 48/50/60/120 fps, 2.7K 48/50/60 fps, or 4K 48/50/60 fps."

yes but works fine with 4k 30 fps ;)

My general experience is the DJI tracking is a POS, always seems like it’ll be the best, and I always end up going manual after repeated failures. Does seem to be useful for stationary objects but that’s not really tracking.
Sometimes, but other times it works beautifully - check out this 9 minute tracking video i made, it was glorious

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1