DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 4 Pro - Possible to use map location as POI in FocusTrack?

BudWalker

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I'd like to do a FocusTrack/POI video but there isn't an object that can serve as a POI. The POI is in the middle of a roof and the drag-select operation can't "grab" anything. It's possible to set a Waypoint POI to a specific location without using drag-select. But, then that Waypoint POI can't be used for a FocusTrack operation. I could try setting multiple waypoints using that POI but I'd really like to manually control the flight rather have Waypoint do it for me. Any suggestions?

You hit on the only option with a POI... create a waypoint flight to perform the flight moves you want.

It's a little bit of a pain, but the repeatability often proves to be an unanticipated benefit, something you can't do with Focus Track easily.

Reactions: BudWalker
You hit on the only option with a POI... create a waypoint flight to perform the flight moves you want.

It's a little bit of a pain, but the repeatability often proves to be an unanticipated benefit, something you can't do with Focus Track easily.
Bummer.

You hit on a good idea. Since the POI is typically a non-moving object It would be nice if DJI can convert that POI to a geolocation point and use the geolocation instead of the visual point.

Oh, there was a time...

...when we had Orbit and Course Lock as standard features on DJI GO4. Both very useful features that weren't brought ahead to Fly.

The latest models supporting Cruise Control has brought a workaround for Course Lock, sort of.

Orbit was an extremely useful feature, and it's hard to understand why it was dropped. Set a POI on the map, height, drone distance and height, Orbit.

Can be decently duplicated with waypoints, but it's a friggin' pain compared to the simplicity of Orbit in GO4.