DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 4 Pro startup

snapdog

Reactions
Site
www.snapdog.com
Has anyone else had problems with starting their new Mini 4 Pro? I've tried a number of different timed sequences but it usually a few tries. I've not experienced this with any of my other DJI drones. Thanks if you can solve the mystery.

Has anyone else had problems with starting their new Mini 4 Pro? I've tried a number of different timed sequences but it usually a few tries. I've not experienced this with any of my other DJI drones. Thanks if you can solve the mystery.
When you say "starting", do you mean powering the drone on, or do you mean starting the motors? Different answers for each.

When you say "starting", do you mean powering the drone on, or do you mean starting the motors? Different answers for each.
No just turning on the power. I did find a video showing a quick tap and then a long tap until the lights go solid. On all my other drone it's just two taps on no particular length.

@snapdog i think you will find that the familiar quick press, release ,press and hold till all the lights go solid ,is exactly the same as on all other DJI drones
i have had the occasional issue, where i have done what i thought was the correct procedure ,and the drone has failed to start ,i am sure many others have done the same thing on the odd occasion

Reactions: snapdog and Krrr
I have noticed that often my mini 4 pro will fail to power up. It does require a slightly longer press on the first press and then a longer hold on the second press than any of my other DJI products. No idea why.

@3rdof5 you could be on to something ,that is linked to the new 04 transmission systems ,that are used in both the new Air 3 and the Mini 4 pro ,i have noticed it happens more often, with my Air 3 ,and occasionally the Mini 3 pro ,so there could be a slight change, with the way the BMS in the batteries communicate with the drone, that has made a difference to the timing,and duration, of the two presses ,i have not noticed any differences with the RC sequences

@3rdof5 you could be on to something ,that is linked to the new 04 transmission systems ,that are used in both the new Air 3 and the Mini 4 pro ,i have noticed it happens more often, with my Air 3 ,and occasionally the Mini 3 pro ,so there could be a slight change, with the way the BMS in the batteries communicate with the drone, that has made a difference to the timing,and duration, of the two presses ,i have not noticed any differences with the RC sequences
Likewise here. Just received a Mini 3 Pro and found that I had to hold the power button a little longer to actually get it to start up. This was compared to my Mavic 3 and my Matrice M30. It might just be that the RC controller that I'm using doesn't work as quickly as the RC-N1/iPhone and the RC Pro Plus.

Agreed on the RC's, no difference powering any of mine up. This clearly is a new issue that is very noticeable on the Mini 4 Pro. Maybe an O4 related issue. My mini 3 and Mavic 3 Classic both power up every time with a quick single press and a second hold. The Mini 4 Pro lights do the same startup sequence but if you are too fast it just doesnt finally turn on.

Last edited:
ANyone had problems starting motors after updating latest firmware . ? Just updated was working fine 30 mins ago now cannot start motors tried 3 batteries . Possibly the ECO mode issue that flashes on screen letting cool down now. I would think you get a waringing on screen that land and let cool down

Good to know. I will try again in AM. I also want to try used the CSC stick mode to see if that overides possible auto ECO heating issue.

Thanks

Would not work when I used the CSC motor start either.

I isolated the problem to the DJI Fly app did not update when the latest firmware was updated. Once I updated the DJI FLY app works fine. Will post any changes

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Distantdoc