DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini app not working

Llahstuc c

Reactions
So I'm having a problem getting my Mavic mini to work. I have the original mini, which I got in 2020. I used it for a year and a half with very few problems, after which I left it alone for a few months. I also got a new phone during this time, which may have caused problems with the app. In the summer of 2022, I tried using it again, but the app didn't work. I would try to open the dji fly app, either by manually pressing it on my phone, or through the function that launches the app when I connect my phone to the controller. Either way, the app quickly opens, showing the DJI logo, and then crashing immediately. I had never had that problem before. I have tried to fix this problem by deleting and reinstalling the app, which did nothing. I eventually deleted the app, and put it out of my mind. Last year, I downloaded the app again, or so I thought, but it didn't look the same, nor did it work the same. It did show the camera feed from my Mavic, but in very low quality. I could not change flying modes, or many other things that the old app could. I was also shown some subscription service that didn't look right either. I'm 90% sure that that app was fake. I couldn't seem to find the original app on my app store, so I did some digging, and I eventually managed to find an apk for what looked like the original app. I installed it, and I'm 90% sure it was the old app, because it had the exact same problem as the old one. It immediately crashed when I tried to open it.

I just want my drone to work. Has DJI closed down the original DJI fly app, and I need to install some completely new app? Has DJI simply abandoned the original mini, and the only fix is to buy a newer drone? What can I do to get my drone to work?

Has DJI closed down the original DJI fly app, and I need to install some completely new app?
No. But, you should only download DJI Fly from the DJI Download Center if you're using an Android device. DJI no longer releases DJI Fly updates to the Google Play Store.

For any Apple device users, DJI Fly should be installed from the App Store.

Reactions: DoomMeister
No. But, you should only download DJI Fly from the DJI Download Center if you're using an Android device. DJI no longer releases DJI Fly updates to the Google Play Store.

For any Apple device users, DJI Fly should be installed from the App Store.
Thanks a million. That looked exactly like the apk that didn't work, but this one did. I appreciate the help.

Reactions: msinger
Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13