DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Moons Bridge Marina, Woodplumpton, Preston, Lancashire.

Paul Iddon

Reactions
On a sunny but gusty afternoon, I flew around Moons Bridge Marina - a family run marina offering secure country moorings for over 100 boats on the Lancaster Canal. The Jackson family have been at Moons Bridge for over 20 years.

Moons Bridge Marina is a minor waterways place between the Ribble Link - Lancaster Canal Junction and Lodge Hill Junction (Junction with Lancaster Canal - Glasson Dock Branch).

The Lancaster Canal was planned at the end of the 18th century and was intended to run from Westhoughton to Kendal, however the full length was never completed. In 2002 the Millennium Ribble Link at Ingol in Preston was opened which finally, after a 200 year delay, connected the canal to the River Ribble and therefore access to the Leeds and Liverpool Canal.

Stretching for over 40 lock free miles, the Lancaster Canal winds its way from Tewitfield in the north to Preston in the south.

Music: Drifting by Enya.

Paul.

Nice video

On a sunny but gusty afternoon, I flew around Moons Bridge Marina - a family run marina offering secure country moorings for over 100 boats on the Lancaster Canal. The Jackson family have been at Moons Bridge for over 20 years.

Moons Bridge Marina is a minor waterways place between the Ribble Link - Lancaster Canal Junction and Lodge Hill Junction (Junction with Lancaster Canal - Glasson Dock Branch).

The Lancaster Canal was planned at the end of the 18th century and was intended to run from Westhoughton to Kendal, however the full length was never completed. In 2002 the Millennium Ribble Link at Ingol in Preston was opened which finally, after a 200 year delay, connected the canal to the River Ribble and therefore access to the Leeds and Liverpool Canal.

Stretching for over 40 lock free miles, the Lancaster Canal winds its way from Tewitfield in the north to Preston in the south.

Music: Drifting by Enya.

Paul.
Nice video, Paul. Looks like a peaceful way to spend a few days.

Hi Jim. Cheers m8. It's busier than I knew. There's a lot more boats there than I ever imagined.

Paul.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian