DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 More Africa Images

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
For those of you who have written to me- here are a few more images as I near completion of editing over 75 GB of data from my Kenya trip in the first stage of preparing assets for editing a video which I will soon embark upon. All photographed with Nikon Z8 and Nikkor 180-600mm lens hand held and edited in Photoshop.

Attachments

• Cheetahs surrounded by cars.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 45
  • Lion cub with tongue out.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 35
  • Lion in heavy traffic.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 39
  • Lion surrounded by 4 vans.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 32
  • Male Lion next to vehicle.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 31
  • Mom lion licking cub with tongue.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 40
Absolutely wonderful! I want to bring them all home except for the part where I become lunch.

For those of you who have written to me- here are a few more images as I near completion of editing over 75 GB of data from my Kenya trip in the first stage of preparing assets for editing a video which I will soon embark upon. All photographed with Nikon Z8 and Nikkor 180-600mm lens hand held and edited in Photoshop.
thanks Ogre!

wonderful pics ,you should be very proud of your pride, and your photography skills

Reactions: Spartan Drones
wonderful pics ,you should be very proud of your pride, and your photography skills
Thank for your kind words. Photography has been my passion since early childhood up until my present age of 85.Still going strong.
Dale

Cripes Dale 85! There’s hope for all of us. Fab pix as always. Can’t wait for the vids-do you intend to produce several or one big one with all that footage? How much of it will be from the air?

Reactions: Andy carley
Cripes Dale 85! There’s hope for all of us. Fab pix as always. Can’t wait for the vids-do you intend to produce several or one big one with all that footage? How much of it will be from the air?
Twickers! Thanks for the kind words.Yes, I am still traveling at 85.

Sorry to say, there will only be two drone sequences in my video. They will be from the resident lodge photographers who gave me the segments which are only flights over the lodge. My drone (Mini 2-I left the M3 back in Miami) was confiscated by Kenya customs in Nairobi airport on arrival! It's a long story but it took several hours before flight time to get a boarding pass to bring to them to get my drone back.
The drone was spotted on the scanner as we left the Nairobi customs.

My video will be about 20 minutes and include as much as I can. Plenty of videos that you guys have not yet seen.

Dale
Miami

Reactions: Spartan Drones
I bought a z8 recently after using other Nikon SLRs for decades and was able to use it in Italy for a few weeks. It really is an amazing camera. You definitely got some great stuff.

I bought a z8 recently after using other Nikon SLRs for decades and was able to use it in Italy for a few weeks. It really is an amazing camera. You definitely got some great stuff.
Congratulations on your excellent choice of the Z8. Probably, you fought mirrorless for years like I did. There are some great You Tubes available that I have watched over and over, for wildlife. I am now sold on back button focus. I am not using the function buttons a lot. Next you need to rent and try the Nikon 180-600.
Steve Perry https://youtu.be/3Wxo10LQZUc
Jan Wegner
Dale

Reactions: gadroneguy
I fought the mirrorless switch much like I did the film to digital years ago. Both were obviously huge advancements.

I do have a 200-500 and can use an adapter but I'll definitely end up buying the 180-600. The customization of the camera and the focus modes are truly amazing. It is definitely a computer as much as a camera. I ultimately intend to put it in a housing and use it underwater (yes).

Twickers! Thanks for the kind words.Yes, I am still traveling at 85.

Sorry to say, there will only be two drone sequences in my video. They will be from the resident lodge photographers who gave me the segments which are only flights over the lodge. My drone (Mini 2-I left the M3 back in Miami) was confiscated by Kenya customs in Nairobi airport on arrival! It's a long story but it took several hours before flight time to get a boarding pass to bring to them to get my drone back.
The drone was spotted on the scanner as we left the Nairobi customs.

My video will be about 20 minutes and include as much as I can. Plenty of videos that you guys have not yet seen.

Dale
Miami
Oh no. What a pain for you but glad you got it back albeit as you left the country. Not sure why there is such a fuss over this sort of thing-I’d play the age game and do quite often to perhaps get the upper hand! Will write to your other point on rollers. Not sure you’re right! Can’t wait for the photographic/video produce from your trip.

Oh no. What a pain for you but glad you got it back albeit as you left the country. Not sure why there is such a fuss over this sort of thing-I’d play the age game and do quite often to perhaps get the upper hand! Will write to your other point on rollers. Not sure you’re right! Can’t wait for the photographic/video produce from your trip.

Twickers-
And all of you who are thinking of traveling with a hidden drone in your luggage-

In retrospect, I regret taking the drone. Had I known the hours it would take me to get it back, I would have never packed it. Kenya is very sensitive about drones. Getting a license is nearly impossible. I stayed at two camps- each camp had a professional photographer on staff. They both told me it took them 6 months on behalf of the lodge to use a drone for commercial lodge advertising purposes!These are actual Kenyans, and lodge owners! The Kenyas are extremely afraid of terrorists. Also poachers, who use the drones to find rhino horns and elephant horns to sell for more than gold. Kenya had a terrorist attack (Book Haram terrorist group) at a major mall (Westlake) where numerous shopkeepers and tourists were killed. We actually visited that mall for a haircut! The shop owner told us their story!

One lodge pro photographer told me I should have put the Mini 2 in my cargo pants pocket. You have to be willing to lose the drone. They also told a story of one of the guests who had to forgo the drone because there was not enough time to go to the different terminal where the customs stored the confiscated drone, or they would missed their international flight!

Dale
Miami

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1