DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My very first edit. Done on my iphone.

slozukimc

Reactions

This is the very first movie I have ever made. I wanted to see how imovie works on my iphone. I am going to get an sd card reader, a small tv for a monitor, I have a BT keyboard and a BT mouse and make the iphone into a desktop. Now I can pick up a bottom of the barrel windows pc to run dji assistant for cheap and edit with the iphone faster than any PC in my budget.

I call it Adrenalin over Seneca. It was pretty scary to make but flying in the storm was such a rush and so much fun.

Pro tip: not likely to have any Karens bother you flying in this weather. 🙄😉😂

Mike

• Haha
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
What can i say say, five minutes of windscreen wiper slap and thinking any minute the drone would end up in the drink was probably too much for this old brain to handle. Look forward to seeing some actual editing from your system.
Regards

What can i say say, five minutes of windscreen wiper slap and thinking any minute the drone would end up in the drink was probably too much for this old brain to handle. Look forward to seeing some actual editing from your system.
Regards
Hahahha. I am looking forward to that as well. I cut it down from 11 minutes of the same and a lot of nothing. The original was a phone recording on my dash. I’ll catch on eventually. Never planned on playing movie producer.

I’ve been working with some larger iPads (Mini 5, Pro 12.9 1st gen) and find that editing with iMovie is very accessible. Recently purchased a lightning card reader but haven’t done much with it yet.

iMovie does the basics - to me, coming from Mac/PC editors, it’s a little finicky in how you access some of the functions. But if it works for your goals that’s what counts.

I recently purchased ($30 USD) the amazing LumaFusion, which runs on iOS - it’s a great editor and does so much more if you need it. I’ve not tried it on iphone, mine is a smaller phone, iMovie is better suited there.

Regards
I have an even older brain and you are spot on!

P.S. to my earlier post #6.
I should have mentioned that LumaFusion also runs on M1 Macs. Not that I have one yet! I’ve seen great demos of LumaFusion on an M1.

So I was messing around today with my Phantom 2 with FPV setup and it got me thinking. I have a flysight rc801that is a 7 inch hd display. It has an hdmi input. I can get a lightning to hdmi adapter and now I have the monitor for my editing station. Bonuses are:
It is very compact
It is battery powered and I have three batteries for it.
It has a sunshade so I can use it out in the sun
It mounts to my mini tripod so it sits above my bluetooth keyboard perfectly
And I already have it. Lol

The cool factor of using a display for a drone to edit my drone videos is nice too.

Mike

Reactions: SethB
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fredguillot02