DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nerve wracking

c8h10n4o2ated

Reactions
Hey all.

First post here. Just wanted to say hi and mention how stressful it is for me to fly my new Mavic Air. It's my first drone, outside of a couple of $50 toys and I struggle to trust myself, the device, the environment, etc!

I'm sure it will get better over time and it's just so fun, but man...it's like white-knuckle the whole flight for me.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
:)

Welcome to Mavicpilots.

In order to reduce your stress level, you can protect your drone by insuring it with either DJI Refresh or if you are in the USA, State Farm, if you are in qualifying state.

That being said, there is a learning curve, and I recommend reading the entire user manual and try to remember this is supposed to be fun :)

Yeah, I got the refresh for this reason. It helps a bit. I've also read every bit of documentation and watched every tutorial known to man.

I think the anxiety comes from my limited experience with the cheap drones and losing them almost instantly. I've only had it since Friday afternoon and can't stop wanting to fly the thing.

Yeah, I got the refresh for this reason. It helps a bit. I've also read every bit of documentation and watched every tutorial known to man.

I think the anxiety comes from my limited experience with the cheap drones and losing them almost instantly. I've only had it since Friday afternoon and can't stop wanting to fly the thing.

Practice makes perfect.

Hey all.

First post here. Just wanted to say hi and mention how stressful it is for me to fly my new Mavic Air. It's my first drone, outside of a couple of $50 toys and I struggle to trust myself, the device, the environment, etc!

I'm sure it will get better over time and it's just so fun, but man...it's like white-knuckle the whole flight for me.

The Mavic pretty much flies itself, you'll be alright...

Practice makes perfect.
Agreed!

I know that for me I am still nervous when I fly my Mavic Pro, but I am much better now that I was when I got it a couple months ago. The more you fly it, the more you realize what it can do, the more you trust it. My biggest concern now is it going down in an area that I cant get to to retrieve it, yet even at that, I still keep on flying. Its been a couple weeks now (tomorrow) and I am really getting the itch to fly. Where I live in Western WA, we have a ton of trees around and not much "open space", so whenever I get the chance to fly in the open, I jump at it. :)

Just remember, the more you fly, the more secure you will feel :)

DJI_0288_jpg_04f708e9434f8685ad49318095c05e5c.jpg DJI_0307_jpg_9f5b984f6833dfa9e2fedf3fd0d1cf69.jpg

Last edited:
If the Mavic only cost $50 it wouldn't be as much fun to fly. IMO. I like the nervous feeling of having it up in the air. Not sure why but for me that's the good part about it.

Reactions: Manfish
Hey all.

Howdy from Wyoming @c8h10n4o2ated , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio! I've been flying drones for a few years, I still get nervous taking up my Inspire 1 Pro, I've found the higher the price tag the higher the nervous feeling gets. Fly safe and have fun!

Reactions: frankiez
Welcome to the forums! :cool:

Yeah, the nerves do tend to calm, but are always there keeping ya on guard. ;)

Reactions: frankiez
Everybody gets nervous. Heck, I have been flying my MP since december 2017 and I still get the butterflies in the stomach before I start the motors. Experience will give u more and more confidence in the performance and you won’t worry as much. Just like the first time you take it over water you will be so scared of watching it go down into the water. Good luck. Before you know it you will be giving lessons.

Hey all.

It will get better. Just take your time and hope you only break a propeller or two on your first crash.

By the way, where are you located? Didn't see that when scanning this thread.

My tip to new users. It seems that it's a natural response to want to keep your new drone low and close to you. That is the death of a lot of new drones. Altitude is your friend. Away from obsticles that you could run into. Get your drone up above the power lines and trees then start playing with your controls and practicing.

Reactions: timdks
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canuckdive