DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New DJI Mini 3 Pro pilot from Milton, DE, USA.

I travel down to that neck of the woods pretty often. Milton is always a pit stop for me to hit up Dogfish Head Brewing.

The beaches in the area are great places to fly there. The only thing is to check AirMap or ALoft due to semi frequent presidential TFRs. They are mainly only on summer weekends and are usually lifted by 4 or 5 on Sunday afternoon.
Well, this weekend wasn't looking great for flying drones in my area anyway.

A shame they couldn't fly him up back where he came from... & leave him there...

Weekend TFRs in my area.

Hello from your neighbor "down the road" in Lewes. You'll enjoy flying in the area. Lewes and Rehoboth are drone friendly. Bethany? Stay away... State Parks have a take off / landing permit, $75 per event. The current temporary occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave (Wash, DC) likes to vacation at his summer home in north Rehoboth. Since he arrives via a three-USMC-helicopter convoy, airspace restrictions go into effect. So late Friday afternoon TFR's are common and last the weekend. There's no notice, due to security reasons, so just check Friday evening if you're thinking of flying that weekend. As you can see from the below screenshot, you can't even fly a foot off the ground in your own backyard. ;->

Best and enjoy....

Steve

Attachments

• Screenshot_SMB_MBPro_ 2022-08-03 at 13.21.21.png
    Screenshot_SMB_MBPro_ 2022-08-03 at 13.21.21.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 3
Welcome to the forum! :)

Hello from your neighbor "down the road" in Lewes. You'll enjoy flying in the area. Lewes and Rehoboth are drone friendly. Bethany? Stay away... State Parks have a take off / landing permit, $75 per event. The current temporary occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave (Wash, DC) likes to vacation at his summer home in north Rehoboth. Since he arrives via a three-USMC-helicopter convoy, airspace restrictions go into effect. So late Friday afternoon TFR's are common and last the weekend. There's no notice, due to security reasons, so just check Friday evening if you're thinking of flying that weekend. As you can see from the below screenshot, you can't even fly a foot off the ground in your own backyard. ;->

Best and enjoy....

Steve
There's also the TFR around Dover AFB, DE. I'm caught under the double-whammy from that one & the one around Rehoboth Beach, DE.

Sounds like a good weekend for a few chillies & some movies... Screenshot_759.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_863.jpg
    Screenshot_863.jpg
    577.6 KB · Views: 1
Ah, a pleasant surprise! The TFRs in my area have been lifted.

Time for some more flying at Broadkill Beach!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom