DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New drone owner Western NY

Have fun! Read the manual several times. DON’T fly unless you hear the voice telling you that your home point has been recorded. Keep the mpp away from any metal at takeoffs. And the list goes on.............................
Tons of info to be found on this site. The mpp is a good one, still have mine.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

welcome to the forum, some good advice from Starz, take your time to learn the controls learn to fly the Mav first then enjoy the camera

Welcome StormChaser - I am near you - somewhat.... I am in Corning NY area... If you ever want to go fly and learn one on one I love to fly with new people. Our areas are restricted heavily due to so many airports and prisons, but I have found some cool places to fly. I am also Part 107 licensed as well so i can teach you a lot about that if yo plan on getting licensed. With new FAA laws and new restrictions coming out especially with Remote ID (within next 3-5 years) - its going to be hard to fly recreational with out going to drone prison camps. As far as I am aware - there are no designated drone recreational areas named as of yet around us... I heard they were going to charge a fee. I just fly commercially now since my license will not allow me to fly for fun :( But theirs is a lot of money to be made so when i fly commercially - I consider that my fun time lol. good luck! Dont fly in bad weather conditions, at night, and if its more that 27 MPH - go have a beer and watch a game.... High winds around here suck.

Reactions: Thomas B
Welcome StormChaser - I am near you - somewhat.... I am in Corning NY area... If you ever want to go fly and learn one on one I love to fly with new people. Our areas are restricted heavily due to so many airports and prisons, but I have found some cool places to fly. I am also Part 107 licensed as well so i can teach you a lot about that if yo plan on getting licensed. With new FAA laws and new restrictions coming out especially with Remote ID (within next 3-5 years) - its going to be hard to fly recreational with out going to drone prison camps. As far as I am aware - there are no designated drone recreational areas named as of yet around us... I heard they were going to charge a fee. I just fly commercially now since my license will not allow me to fly for fun :( But theirs is a lot of money to be made so when i fly commercially - I consider that my fun time lol. good luck! Dont fly in bad weather conditions, at night, and if its more that 27 MPH - go have a beer and watch a game.... High winds around here suck.
Thanks. For the tips !! And i go to the glass museum out that way once on a while. Yeah i registered my drone with the FAA and will be paying attention to new rules and such. Definitely contemplating getting the 107 license. I think the drone coupled with my GIS degree can create some real good opportunities outside of my hum drum job at an airplane part repair facility. It's cold and windy here this weekend so have had plenty of time to research stuff.

Reactions: old man mavic
Hi all, bought my first drone(mavic pro platinum) and any tips are more than welcome, especially if anyone knows areas around western NY/North tonawanda NY or anywhere else for that matter, as i am a big traveler, where flying is allowed.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new MPP, Fly safe and have fun!

Welcome a'board ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samdesign