DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

new guy saying hi

Tazbone

Reactions
hi guys...
Had my drone for 2 days been searching the internet and youtube to help me get this thing off of the ground..... I cant link the remote to the aircraft.
Can anyone point me in the right direction to get this thing off of the ground.?

They come out of the box already linked. Is there something telling you that it needs to be linked?

Not this one.....followed the instructions in great detail and no link up..but reading link posts here it looks like I may have missed something....the RC and WIFI button.
My phone needs to use the data instead of wifi and presume and If I hit the RC button on the drone I guess im ready to go.
ill try and get back to you.
Thanks

ok I got lift off....yayyyyyy!!!
Not good lifting off inside the house haha.
I took it off beginner mode.....I think I need to leave that mode on.

Find a big open field with no trees, poles or anything that you could crash into. Take it slow and get used to the controls, fly figure eights, that way you get used to how it steers. Biggest thing, have fun!
Welcome to the world of droning!

Reactions: Tazbone
Any decent accessories/gadgets/apps i can use with it.
I do have the DJI app.
Looking on ebay I see propps at low prices and some have a light effect...are these any good or basic rubbish.

Anything other than DJI brand props are a risk. The led light props are fun from what I hear but I would not use them more than a few times. Balance may not be as good as stock props and may add to the grief on the little bearings in the motor. Your choice. If you fly at night, check the STROBON cree lights. And remember what you paid for your new hardware. Probably not a good indoor toy. Again, your choice.

As my 2 cents worth, I would not update anything, just yet.....
Wring it out as received out of the box.
Then, you can decide if you want to go down that rabbit hole...
I haven't updated anything since I open my boxes over 1.5 years ago, and no nagging, no restrictions, no resets etc.
My nickles worth,
But you have fun, read, and re-read the manual, and watch all the vids you can.
Small steps...There is a lot going on with this bird!

Anything other than DJI brand props are a risk. The led light props are fun from what I hear but I would not use them more than a few times. Balance may not be as good as stock props and may add to the grief on the little bearings in the motor. Your choice. If you fly at night, check the STROBON cree lights. And remember what you paid for your new hardware. Probably not a good indoor toy. Again, your choice.
Yeah my thoughts exactly... It's an expensive piece of kit and to add none factory accessories would be pretty stupid.
DJI original propps are £8 a pair here in the UK so no worries really.
As for the light propps I think I'll shelve them too for again why risk my AC for something I don't really require.

As my 2 cents worth, I would not update anything, just yet.....
Wring it out as received out of the box.
Then, you can decide if you want to go down that rabbit hole...
I haven't updated anything since I open my boxes over 1.5 years ago, and no nagging, no restrictions, no resets etc.
My nickles worth,
But you have fun, read, and re-read the manual, and watch all the vids you can.
Small steps...There is a lot going on with this bird!
That's all I'm doing at the moment is reading and watching all about the pro.
Even as I txt you this I'm looking at an info video.

Welcome bro the mavic pro is a great aircraft take it slow and learn all you can about her she will serve you well if you take care of her..

The master air screw stealths are a great i may say even better than the DJI low noise props i have been flying them for awhile now in all kinds of conditions.. they are the only other prop i'd ever use though those cheap chinese knock off props are bad news.

The master air screw stealths are a great i may say even better than the DJI low noise props i have been flying them for awhile now in all kinds of conditions.. they are the only other prop i'd ever use though those cheap chinese knock off props are bad news.
Do you find you have more flight time with the propps you mentioned.
They ship over here to the UK and all in it will cost $30 which equals to around £23-25.
Pretty fair price if they're as good as you say.

Yay great news on the mavic
I am looking forward to the summer and I can enjoy more. [emoji106][emoji112] From cheshire

Yay great news on the mavic
I am looking forward to the summer and I can enjoy more. [emoji106][emoji112] From cheshire
Great me too......did take it to Alwen Reservoir last week.....not a soul around with beautiful terrain.

still learning but heres a link to what ive uploaded on youtube.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
espinafre