DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New mini pilot in Southern California.

Enjoying your forum! I've only had my Mavic Mini going on 2 weeks now, and enjoy immensely! This is my first post.

I seem to have an issue invoking the RTH function. I press and hold the RTH button on the remote and the controller says "landing". I'm sure I'm doing the procedure incorrectly.
welcome to the forum ,it just lands if you are 60m or closer to the home point go out to100m and try it and don't forget to set your RTH height to say 40m to clear any tall stuff around you

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum!:) Enjoy and Happy safe flights!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum Ford Fixer . . . OMM is correct. My understanding of the MM is it uses optical sensors for RTH (along with GPS) so it needs a few seconds at takeoff to log the RTH location. Someone with a MM can chime in more . . . fly safe. Watch the wind and know its blowing faster the more you ascend.

Welcome to the forum Ford Fixer . . . OMM is correct. My understanding of the MM is it uses optical sensors for RTH (along with GPS) so it needs a few seconds at takeoff to log the RTH location. Someone with a MM can chime in more . . . fly safe. Watch the wind and know its blowing faster the more you ascend.
I'm a newbie as well and I know that shortly after launching each time I hear a message that says the Home Point has been updated, or something of the sort.

I'm a newbie as well and I know that shortly after launching each time I hear a message that says the Home Point has been updated, or something of the sort.
Welcome to the forum jimc218 . . .

Enjoying your forum! I've only had my Mavic Mini going on 2 weeks now, and enjoy immensely! This is my first post.

I seem to have an issue invoking the RTH function. I press and hold the RTH button on the remote and the controller says "landing". I'm sure I'm doing the procedure incorrectly.
Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.
Be sure to register your drone at the FAA’s DroneZone site.... and read the FULL 50-60 page DJI manual for your new drone... scroll down a bit for that and more good stuff.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new Mavic Mini, Fly safe and have fun!

Thank you so much for the warm welcome to your forum!

In response to the RTH issue I've had (that's probably an operator error, oh wait that's me!) I have been waiting for the home location set message. I believe the problem maybe as @old man mavic has said that I may be to close to the home point to activate RTH. I'm going out flying tomorrow, I'll give it a try from a much greater distance.

Welcome to the forum! :)

@Ford Fixer no problem glad it fixed the issue, and thanks for your reply

Reactions: Ford Fixer

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arny