DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
Just thought of something--pay a visit to your cell provider (ATT, Verizon, or whomever). Maybe you just need to change a setting. Let them try and help you.

It's still early in AK. Maybe you can do it tonight. Anyway, it's still light outside. Yes? (Of course it'll still be light at midnight). ;)

Hi AK,
I can’t speak about MM but my platinum I fly using an iPad and the standard RC so I don’t need a phone signal. Not really sure as relatively new myself.
i hope you get it sorted cos any flying is better than none but I predict that once you have flown your Platinum the MM will be left on the shelf.
They are 2 completely different birds but troll through these forums and all the problems people have. Then look at the Pro section ...not a lot!! I appreciate the MM is a good price for what you get and will appeal to beginners but it still needs a lot of tweaks.
Anyway somebody will be along to point you in the right direction and I can’t wait to read your first flight report and see some pics

Just thought of something--pay a visit to your cell provider (ATT, Verizon, or whomever). Maybe you just need to change a setting. Let them try and help you.

It's still early in AK. Maybe you can do it tonight. Anyway, it's still light outside. Yes? (Of course it'll still be light at midnight). ;)
Sorry was busy. Yes sunsets at 12:23am tonight. Still nice and light out. Well the sun is dropping behind horizon now. Comes back up at 3:16am or so. I will call ATT Monday and see.

Say, my Platinum is registered under Part 107, why I don't know why I did that. Can I still fly it recreational?

Hi AK,
I can’t speak about MM but my platinum I fly using an iPad and the standard RC so I don’t need a phone signal. Not really sure as relatively new myself.
i hope you get it sorted cos any flying is better than none but I predict that once you have flown your Platinum the MM will be left on the shelf.
They are 2 completely different birds but troll through these forums and all the problems people have. Then look at the Pro section ...not a lot!! I appreciate the MM is a good price for what you get and will appeal to beginners but it still needs a lot of tweaks.
Anyway somebody will be along to point you in the right direction and I can’t wait to read your first flight report and see some pics
Hey @Andy Mac 230 thanks for the input. I'm sure I will get it straightened out. I sometimes forget something from the house when I get out to fly and end up not logging flight time. DJI geofencing mostly. I am making myself checklists so not ever to forget anything. The more I get out the easier it will get.

I really like the MM. Haven't flown the Platinum yet. Have a flight scheduled tomorrow between rain bouts. LOL

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
silfumus