DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Night Flight rules question

If you have done your 107 recurrent renewal online, you are able to fly at night legally without applying for a night waiver (no longer in existence). I am not sure if you are legal to do that as a recreational pilot. But you need to have your TRUST cert if you are flying recreationally.

Current as of 4/6/2021 or later. I could be "current" as of 3/30/2021 and NOT be able to legally fly under the current rules for Part 107.

This is the reason I’m recreational only.
I‘m not willing to spend the time dealing with waivers.
Nice when you can fly at night when you want.
No waivers are required to fly at night with Part 107.

And with Part 107 you can fly in controlled airspace after getting LAANC approval, which is automated and nearly instant.

I have let this slip my mind. Thanks for all the positive and informative replies. I try to learn something new every day. Now I know.

Me too. Seems that I should visit the FAA website and educate myself to some updated literature.

If you have done your 107 recurrent renewal online, you are able to fly at night legally without applying for a night waiver (no longer in existence). I am not sure if you are legal to do that as a recreational pilot. But you need to have your TRUST cert if you are flying recreationally.
Recreational operators have always been allowed to fly at night. That hasn't changed. The only thing they can't do it fly in controlled airspace at night.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman