DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Original images look good, but waves appear in photomosaic

gnbrotz

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I did a practice run today for a large composite image project I have coming up (no ortho or 3D required). I flew my Mavic Air 2 at 150' AGL, with a 70% overlap in both directions.

In one area of the final composite, I have some wavy distortion, even though the 3 individual images that cover that area are sharp. This was on the very perimiter of my composite, and I am learning to make my survey area boundaries a bit larger, so the areas around the edges with less overlap can be clipped off and there is a good overlap for the area I am actually trying to capture.

All that said, I'm curious how processing can take 3 images with sharp building edges and produce waviness in the final product. I used MME to process.

example.jpg

All that said, I'm curious how processing can take 3 images with sharp building edges and produce waviness in the final product. I used MME to process.
It's all to do with the algorithm used by MME to stitch and blend the images, but when there is only one original image that contains parts of your target, things can easily go wrong.
That's why you need to ensure that your target is not close to the edge of the grid that you fly and everything of interest is covered by multiple original images.

Reactions: mavictk and gnbrotz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mupps64