DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Owner of JCB’s Mansion near Alton Towers

Is it just me or does the video also suffer some white out (possibly due to overexposure and incorrect ISO setting)?

Reactions: Dragonfly
I think in your situation if you turn the Camera dial and try ISO 200 or 400 would be better result; in my opinion I think you may have had it on 100 and the shutter open too long, so that is why particularly the faces appear so white and almost can’t recognize anyone; you should just play with the settings; I’m new to Mavic Pro too but not new to photography although slightly rusted due to work getting in the way ;-))

I think in your situation if you turn the Camera dial and try ISO 200 or 400 would be better result; in my opinion I think you may have had it on 100 and the shutter open too long, so that is why particularly the faces appear so white and almost can’t recognize anyone; you should just play with the settings; I’m new to Mavic Pro too but not new to photography although slightly rusted due to work getting in the way ;-))

Thanks for your reply, im new to both, thanks for the advise il give it ago, so if i reduce the shutter speed down aswell. Would you recommend any filters ?

Yes filters for sure; I bought the DJI ND Filter Set (Pack of 3 ranging from ND 4,8,16) and was around AUD$58 and I was super surprised how quick I got them as I only ordered it a few days ago; it has made an immediate change and I use the ND 8 to cut out the UV in Australia; I have lived in the UK for very many years so I think the ND 4 will be the best for you and perhaps the ND 8 in summer.

Reactions: ChrisHackney
Thanks for your reply, im new to both, thanks for the advise il give it ago, so if i reduce the shutter speed down aswell. Would you recommend any filters ?
There's no pressing need really, at least not during winter. Is this video from the phone cache rather than SD, as it's only 720p?
Not being funny but if you need to ask about settings best use it on full auto and either truecolor or cinelike style.
Trying to use manual or part manual is likely to cause you more problems than you solve.
4K from the card records most detail, but 2.7K is not far behind and looks pretty good on youtube
Most people are only viewing 1080p on youtube anyway, but their resizing is hard to beat with basic software at home.

Yes filters for sure; I bought the DJI ND Filter Set (Pack of 3 ranging from ND 4,8,16) and was around AUD$58 and I was super surprised how quick I got them as I only ordered it a few days ago; it has made an immediate change and I use the ND 8 to cut out the UV in Australia; I have lived in the UK for very many years so I think the ND 4 will be the best for you and perhaps the ND 8 in summer.

Thanks alot mate. Think il have to order some

Reactions: born2drone
I found in Australia the UV is so strong, that no matter the Auto adjustment from the camera, it came out very sharp and reflection from the water was terrible; the ND filter, and sometimes adjusting the ISO based on if I take the photo into the sun for sunrise say, or if I take a shot with the sun behind me, then I can adjust to suit. It is personal preference of course.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nightrider619