DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pilot Check in from Richards Bay - South Africa.

Guitarman

Reactions
HI there Guys. I am a new pilot here from Richards Bay. I have been flying FPV and building my own drones for a while and brought a Mavic Mini to record some good scenic footage. Is there a way to reduce the hovering distance when the drone starts up? I want to fly and hover lower to the ground by the drone hovers ±1meter above the ground. Thanks everybody. :)

@Guitarman welcome to the forum you could try to cover up the downwards facing sensors
which the drone uses to determine its height above ground when its below about 25 ft
the down side off this is as you land it wont know its height and could get damaged if you land hard i am thinking more about the gimbal being damaged ,you could of course hand catch it which would cushion the landing somewhat

Hello from the Crossroads of America Guitarman.

It may be as simple as a piece of tape on the bottom sensors to fool the Mini. ?

Here's a thread to read...

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. ?

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! ? Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Is there a way to reduce the hovering distance when the drone starts up?
No. However, you could manually take off and stop at the desired height.

Greetings welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

HI there Guys. I am a new pilot here from Richards Bay. I have been flying FPV and building my own drones for a while and brought a Mavic Mini to record some good scenic footage. Is there a way to reduce the hovering distance when the drone starts up? I want to fly and hover lower to the ground by the drone hovers ±1meter above the ground. Thanks everybody. :)
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Fly safe and have fun!

Reactions: Steel63

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gshu