DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problems with the Dji fly app

Janne Swede

Reactions
Nu har jag min tionde dji-drone, en mavic air 2. En bra drone men en dålig app. Dji fly 1.3 har samma problem som tidigare versioner där texten längst upp är väldigt liten och vit, vilket betyder att den är osynlig för ljus himmel. Dji har känt till problemet under lång tid men har ännu inte kommit fram till en lösning trots att många klagar. har någon någon lösning att föreslå Dji?

Last edited:
Hi there Janne & what to seems to be a fellow countryman :D ? In general Swedish isn't known by many outside Sweden so it's better to go with English, perhaps with a little help from Google Translate.

But over to your finding... couldn't agree more, it's badly implemented, much better done in the GO4 app ... firstly, this forum isn't DJI connected, better to go into their own forum if you want to be heard, secondly, have you looked into your phone settings, perhaps you have some kind of contrast setting there to make the text more readable?

Reactions: tlswift58
Hi, thanks for your answer I actually wrote in English but google was kind of set on translating into Swedish. I have tried different settings on the phone but it does not get better. I follow your advice and contact Dji directly.

Hi, thanks for your answer I actually wrote in English but google was kind of set on translating into Swedish. I have tried different settings on the phone but it does not get better. I follow your advice and contact Dji directly.

Aren't you glad Google is watching out for you?

Reactions: tlswift58
I have now been in contact with Dji and here is my latest email and the answer from Dji

As can be seen from the picture, it is not possible to read how many satellites are connected, bright sky with white text does not work well, the text is also far too small.

The drone is a brand new Dji mavic Air 2 and the app is Dji fly 1.3. downloaded from the Dji website.

I have tried on several different phones but the result is exactly the same.

1616951201004.png

Dear Jan,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical support.

We hope that all is well.

We do apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused. I have forwarded this already to our engineers, I did forward as well the sample screenshot to see them about the issue.

Your patience and understanding on this matter are greatly appreciated.

Thank you for choosing DJI products and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Dwight
DJI Technical Support

Last edited:
Reactions: slup
I have now been in contact with Dji and here is my latest email and the answer from Dji

As can be seen from the picture, it is not possible to read how many satellites are connected, bright sky with white text does not work well, the text is also far too small.

The drone is a brand new Dji mavic Air 2 and the app is Dji fly 1.3. downloaded from the Dji website.

I have tried on several different phones but the result is exactly the same.

View attachment 126398

Dear Jan,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical support.

We hope that all is well.

We do apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused. I have forwarded this already to our engineers, I did forward as well the sample screenshot to see them about the issue.

Your patience and understanding on this matter are greatly appreciated.

Thank you for choosing DJI products and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Dwight
DJI Technical Support
Sadly that is a somewhat standard answer ... "We do apologize for the inconvenience... have forwarded this already to our engineers".

I wouldn't get any high hopes due to that answer ... this have been a problem since the DJI FLY app was released & widely discussed at the DJI forum, & yet nothing have happened.

But what do I know ... suddenly it happens ?

Since its possible that DJI its going to release yet another drone sometime this year, perhaps soon, the App will be updated again for sure when they release that... because Fly replaced Go 4 and there probably won't be anything for Go 4 other than potential compatibility updates for OS perhaps.

Hopefully somewhere along the way DJI will address more of the UI issues, they'd probably have to put some sort of black bar as the background for the top tow of icons for them to be visible at all times, which reduces the size of the video display. The other option might be to provide some sort of drop down when you tap the sat or other icons to deliver the info.. like the battery icon.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leroyman