DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Propeller Cages!!!!

DeathFromAbove101st

Reactions
I have been waiting for these for a long time, and finally they just came back to the DJI store...... who's getting some?

I have been waiting for these for a long time, and finally they just came back to the DJI store...... who's getting some?
To much $ when you can find the same protection for less.

Reactions: dektronrancher
Not realy seeing the point. Last time i hit something the props just bounced of an the time before that they just folded.
Can see the added value if you want to fly close to branches or vegetation but I wouldnt even dare that with prop guards. An my house is not big enhough to fly indoors :(

I have a set. I've used them once. They are a great idea. But they make the drone THREE times louder than without.

Pm me and I'll sell you mine. Still in the box

Reactions: dektronrancher
I have a set of the Non-DJI prop guards I got from Amazon ($12.99) when I first got my mavic. I used them a lot the first couple of weeks. They may have saved me from a crash or two. I think they're a good idea if you're an inexperienced pilot and don't want to learn an expensive lesson the hard way. I did have 1 good crash that would have been totally prevented IF I had them on at the time.

I didn't notice them having any affect on the "loudness" of the mavic, and they didn't seem to affect the flight or the weight very much at all. For me, the main problem is that they completely eliminate the portability factor of the mavic, unless you take them off and on for every flight. I like to get in the air as quickly as possible and don't like to take the extra 5 minutes to put them on before each flight.

The only other issue I have with them is that if you have a skin on your mavic arms, the prop guards quickly ruin the skin.

I haven't used my prop guards in months, but I will keep them and would probably use them if I needed to fly low in a wooded area or HAD to fly indoors inside a large structure for some reason.

Verdict: Nice to have, but probably not something you'll use much once you've got a lot of flying experience.

My .02 cents.

I have a set of the Non-DJI prop guards I got from Amazon ($12.99) when I first got my mavic. I used them a lot the first couple of weeks. They may have saved me from a crash or two. I think they're a good idea if you're an inexperienced pilot and don't want to learn an expensive lesson the hard way. I did have 1 good crash that would have been totally prevented IF I had them on at the time.

I didn't notice them having any affect on the "loudness" of the mavic, and they didn't seem to affect the flight or the weight very much at all. For me, the main problem is that they completely eliminate the portability factor of the mavic, unless you take them off and on for every flight. I like to get in the air as quickly as possible and don't like to take the extra 5 minutes to put them on before each flight.

The only other issue I have with them is that if you have a skin on your mavic arms, the prop guards quickly ruin the skin.

I haven't used my prop guards in months, but I will keep them and would probably use them if I needed to fly low in a wooded area or HAD to fly indoors inside a large structure for some reason.

Verdict: Nice to have, but probably not something you'll use much once you've got a lot of flying experience.

My .02 cents.

Okay Prop guards $12, and cages $149... two different animals completely.

The cages make the Mavic like a tank. You can seriously run into almost anything without fear of a crash.

They add lots of weight, smaller props and they scream LOUD!

Okay Prop guards $12, and cages $149... two different animals completely.

The cages make the Mavic like a tank. You can seriously run into almost anything without fear of a crash.

They add lots of weight, smaller props and they scream LOUD!

Yep. Just got mine, couldn't resist even though they're pricy. They work as advertised but holy crap, if I'd realized how loud they were going to be, not sure I would have bothered.

Been thinking of getting these, other then being loud any other issues with them?

Been thinking of getting these, other then being loud any other issues with them?

Dramatically reduced battery time. Sluggish responsiveness. Set up time, takes about ten minutes to install or remove them and when they are installed, the Mavic is not foldable.

They work as advertised but for my normal outdoor flying, they're too much hassle to use. I fly in open spaces. I tried them when I first got them last year but they've been collecting dust ever since.

If you fly in tight spaces and don't mind battery time dropping from 20 to 25 minutes down to 10 to 12 minutes, then it might be worth it.

hmm I do some indoor flying, and the prop guards are not quite enough... I don't like the price tag on these... trying to find an inexpensive set

I am in Canada, the exchange is brutal.... if they were 119 Canadian I would snag in a heartbeat but 119 american is 160 plus the 25 shipping which brings them in line with the new cost locally..... :( been looking for some used ones that anyone is looking to offload cheap

Good luck with that. I'm in Canada too. Was over $200 cdn when all was said and done for mine. The only place I've seen used ones is eBay and none for cheap. If the rumoured Mavic Pro II ever comes out, then you might see some put up for sale cheap but in the meantime, looks like if you want them, you'll have to pony up.

Have you tried posting an ISO on Kijiji or in Facebook buy/sell groups, or even here?

Last edited:
I haven't posted here yet, just found this site today.... Will have to check Kijiji as well... and Facebook and well here too

Reactions: ThorDar
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk