DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Propeller Wrap

Boog0822

Reactions
Seems like there's some intelligent people on this board. Maybe you could help me out with this:
How much would a wrap the same as one used for the body of the Mavic (vinyl stickers) affect the flight performance if applied to the propellers? Do you think it would be minimal or would it cause potential problems? Thanks in advance!

Reactions: photoshoot
I would think it would have to be very thin so it wouldnt affect the airfoil shape of the props and cause a reduction in lift

I'd rather think of spraypainting them instead of wrapping them in foil, considering the fact that the replacement price of the propellers (compared to the Mavic body) is rather low. Also fewer risks involved.

I'd rather think of spraypainting them instead of wrapping them in foil, considering the fact that the replacement price of the propellers (compared to the Mavic body) is rather low. Also fewer risks involved.
It's vinyl not foil.

Last edited:
If you have to change the color, spray painting would be better than wrapping. Props spin at 5000-6000 rpm, I wouldnt want one of those vinyls to come off and get stuck in my motor.

You can try wrapping and let us know how it went.

If you have to change the color, spray painting would be better than wrapping. Props spin at 5000-6000 rpm, I wouldnt want one of those vinyls to come off and get stuck in my motor.

You can try wrapping and let us know how it went.
I have a prototype coming. I'm gonna put them on one set of props and fly close to the ground in my yard for about 15 minutes and see what happens.

If it's the exact same sticker, same size, same weight. Would that make a difference?

It wouldnt make a difference as long as all your props are in balance before you put the sticker on. If you add weight to a prop thats out of balance to begin with, it just makes it worse and could cause a noticeable vibration..

As I said, give it a shot, as long as the adhesive is strong enough to keep it on a spinning prop.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arny