DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Quality of repair?

DJI swaps out gimbals, they dont repair them at this point.

The silver cable sticking out like that from under the camera barrel is normal. Some of it is shielded, that part is not. I wish they would shield the whole cable, but they dont.

Can I ask where you are located and how long the process took from the day you sent it until the day you got it back?

Gimbal silver cable exposed.jpg

Reactions: 3615gregoire
Thanks! It looks the same indeed, I feel better.
I'm in the Netherlands. It payment was received the 22 of May, they shiped it back the 2nd of June.

Almost.
They said the repair started and should take 2-3 days. I sent them an email after 10 days without news, and received the tracking number as a reply the same day, so I think that the drone was something went wrong in the treatment of my RMA and the email un-blocked the process.
I'm overall satisfied with the process:
- I didn't have to pay for transport both way, even thought I was clearly responsible for the damage.
- Process was easy and communication clear
- Quote was detailed with pictures and break down of the cost
- Price seems fair

You're in the Netherlands? Lucky! You only had to ship it to the service center in the Netherlands? What city is the DJI service center?

It's in Barendrecht, close to Rotterdam:
Google Maps

They a a really cool job offer, which I considered applying, but it's 2hrs away from Amsterdam, where I am.
Job Description-DJI Recruits Genius

Yes but by bicycle maybe only 45 minutes! I know Dutch people love their bicycles. I lived near Rembrandt Plein for a year and loved it. No traffic on my bike and dedicated bike lanes. I met Corneille the painter (RIP) and sold some reproductions of his works.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d